Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Warlord Miniatures Wulfen-SS

I painted these last October, and decided that I'd paint the werewolf more to match those in Skyrim rather than the usual browns. Between that and Strumbannfuhrer Grauler's uniform it was a challenge in using greys and I was happy with the way they came out. I'm still learning how to use my new camera by trial and error so some pictures are getting too much flash, others not enough.100_0061.JPG.21a4752e72e8cc6f1f70426ca95d9760.JPG100_0054.JPG.a7901ecd59392869047dbb943876ee78.JPG100_0055.JPG.c63b8f07c2b5bb94b36370e8c95073ca.JPG100_0058.JPG.b93331eb60b4b9360cf559d35989b8a3.JPG100_0060.JPG.859f7e9c6492b2a243a3edcc7361d3fc.JPG100_0059.JPG.7c7ec1f36e70c82d5d38a04025a47802.JPG

• Like 10

Cool figures!

Have you looked through the shutterbug area of the forums? There might be some hints/tips/tricks in there to help you win your battle with the camera.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Cool figures!

Have you looked through the shutterbug area of the forums? There might be some hints/tips/tricks in there to help you win your battle with the camera.

I'll have to look thru there today. I think it has something to do with the distance from the camera to the miniature. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By wickedshifty
      I was told we needed all these lycanthropes for our home brew D&D game...

Weve been using the mouslings as wererats. 

This project has spanned about five or six months. There are a couple more but because they’re ladies whose clothes fell off in transformation- they aren’t pictured. 

So here they are: 

• By Citrine
      This is the classic Ral Partha D&D set ,11-524 Lycanthropes, sculpted by Bob Olley.  These guys have so much character.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I decided to paint him up as a member of the Devil's Advocates biker gang from the 1971 documentary Werewolves On Wheels.
      Interestingly his hat is very much like the one worn by a gas station owner in the film, save that in the movie the feather was a great deal smaller. 

The light doesn't reach it well, but his necklace is done in green and purple to depict mardi gra beads.

I attempted to freehand the patch design from the film, and other than having no where near enough room to get "Devil's Advocates" on the top, I'm pretty happy with it as from a distance it works. I also knew going in that the placement of his ponytail would make things slightly off kilter. I'm also happy with how the denim came out. 
    • By Sophie was taken
      Just a quick and simple paint, nothing fancy. Couldn’t resist picking it up though, because every tabletop needs a werewolf (even if that tabletop has nobody to play with):

He’s very shiny. I couldn’t find my brush-on sealer and had to use PVA sealer, which is always glossier than the label says. 

His fur is supposed to be mottled grey/white and brown/black, but I never know how to paint the not-obviously furry parts, and usually default to bare skin. In this case, Dark Elf Skin. So I guess he’s a drow werewolf.

Also, this:

Look at at that eye! It’s a halfway decent eye (even if it isn’t quite human)! Calling the whole thing a win on that basis. C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)