Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

77017 Skeletal Swordsmen as PumpkinGuard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Want something to read? Click below.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Finally! These were among the first miniatures I bought and the nucleus of my original undead army in the 90s. Over a year ago I decided that I ought to repaint them, and so began a saga of Simple Green, several starts and stops, and entirely too much procrastination...but finally now that the Leafening is done....

A mixture of Grenadier (the standard bearer and champion with the freehanded shield), Heartbreaker (the ones with armor) and Mirlton (unarmored). The standard and shield emblems are those of Elizabeth Bathory. One of the first vampires I bought was the GW Isabella von Carstein and she had the Bathory vibe to her, so since I painted these as wights, I figure that they are her personal guard. 

Kinda visible are the greenish tinge to the weapons and eyesockets to signify their wight-dom in a low key way.

and here they are with the army thus far...

• By Maledrakh
      10 pint-sized skeletons with eyeballs. Which is a bit strange as all the other soft tissue is long gone. Especially strange since the eyes are usually the first bits to go, eaten by crows (or by fish if you die at sea). Them eyeballs are scrumptious, it would seem.
      The minis are from the "Halflings and Fantasy Friends" kickstarter TTcombat ran late 2018 and that was delivered some time ago. I have painted ghosts and ghouls from this line earlier. They are all very cartoony and also rather cute.

Three little swordsmen ...er, knifemen.

Three little pikes. Two have build their holes of straw and of sticks. The third of bricks.

And four archers.
      10 skeletons in all, from the "RPG pledge level" that basically gave a nice assortment of different types, either 5 or 10 of each.

I used a mixture of regular paint and contrast paints on these. As always, they look better when not magnified. Some of the mould lines I simply have not noticed before, and now I see them glaring at me in the pictures. My eyesight is not what it once was.

I printed out 20mm bases for the little rascals.

Halflings Skeletons
      TTCombat 2018/2019
      Unknown sculptor
      Resin
      20mm bases
      Should be available from TTCombat in the future.

These models were painted the 10th and 11th of April.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Normally this time of year, I'd be returning to the eternal project that is the Coffee Dwarves, but this be not a usual year. Hence, the time has come for my Witch Hunters to gain their own thread. While I love me some undead, I also have a soft spot for those who dedicate themselves to fighting such unholy menaces, likely due to movies like the Monster Squad being formulative youthful influences. 

The warband/army thus far. Or at least the part dating up to about 1920 or so.

BEHOLD! THE FOUL FIENDS HATH HIDDEN YE PRIVY TISSUE IN YON TOMB IN GREAT AMOUNT!
      The other, more modern segment is what I like to call the Angry Catholic faction.

A humble beginning thus far, but it gives me an excuse to eventually collect an army of battle nuns that aren't affiliated with 40k. 

War Monks on Motorcycles. It doesn't get much more badelf than that. One of the upcoming units is a nun fast attack vehicle, since apparently in the world of the unhinged, common church tactics include road warfare. 

And the reinforcements for both factions that have been waiting on the Shelf of Incompleteness for far far too long. So now that I've got the table set up where the sun can't interrupt me, and the urge to paint has returned, no excuse not to try and get a few more of these done.  The two up front, Elyse Anya, and a 40k sanctioned psycher are almost finished, Anya just needs basing. Which is another thing that I noticed when I was setting up for the photos, my basing is all over the place with these guys, so there may be a bit of reworking going on as well. 

• By Maledrakh
      Short Wart's Cohort Mort

Being a band of bony retribution soon to cross the Brandywine and come a-knocking on little round doors under the hills.

Most of these skeleton minis are from the same second hand purchase where I got the zombies that were featured a few week ago. I got the incomplete undead mammoth off Ebay several years ago, and Short Wart himself is an Oathsworn Halfling Necromancer. All minis have been given 3D printed bases, most of them 25mm.

There are a lot of pics beneath, although some are distictly unfocussed, as if a dark power did not wish to be documented...

• Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)