ShadowRaven

Five Heads, Five Days (or seven at max)

Okay folks, not folks, and whatever else you care to be or not be.

Here we go. I am going to attempt the challenge I half-jokingly laid before the Goblin Lunar Emperor when Ma'al Drakar was first introduced to us. Five Heads in Five Days. The Goal, to paint the entire sculpt, including base and terrain piece in under 120 consecutive hours. That is a full five days, using nothing larger than a size 0 brush to apply paint to the figure. The Official rules give a full week of seven days, but I, being completely insane, have decided to attempt to shave two days off that, in honor of the dragons five headed stature. I honestly do not know if it is possible for me to do, and retain any sense of sanity. So, come along for the ride, at best, we get to see a feat of daring do conquered, at worst, you get to watch my mind degrade even farther. For you the viewer, I would call that a win/win. 

• Like 20

*** Hops on couch, opens a bottle of wine and sets a plate of assorted cheese and olives on the sidetable***

GO GO GO !!!!

• Like 3

better hold of on the wine and popcorn. There has been a delay of game called on account of farm work. We've had enough wind to dry things out enough that I can move hay today, so that comes first. This will instead start after I have supper tonight

• Like 6

and...I'm moving of start until tomorrow evening, unless it rains. It's been a long day, and I really don't feel like starting of on an exhausting project, while already tired out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

and...I'm moving of start until tomorrow evening, unless it rains. It's been a long day, and I really don't feel like starting of on an exhausting project, while already tired out. 

Wise decision. Ma'al is a serious beastie, and you'll want to be in top fighting condition when you enter the ring! 

As for attempting to do it in 5 days...dang. I see that the insanity is already beginning to set in. 

I salute you, sir, and wish you the very best of luck in this mad adventure! 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Oh the Madness has already set in long ago, my dear Lady Boot.  However, I have a plan, a cunning, clever plan. You shall see soon enough,as I show the world, I may be crazy, but I'm not nuts.....or something like that.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You didn't take advice from this guy, did you?

157wkp.jpg

but mine does not involve turnips

it is ten minutes to eight, at 8:00 pm Mountain Standard, I shall begin.

Here we have my weapons for the upcoming battle. Several brushes size  or smaller, some new, many not. And the secret to my plan. Pre selected and mixed primer/basecoat combinations. Now, as I fire up my playlist. Let the battle begin

20170917_194439.jpg

20170917_194501.jpg

• Like 11

one hour break and stretch. Got the base covered, and wash applied. I am now a wee bit worried my wash is going to dry too glossy. Oh well, cross that bridge when I get there

• Like 7