• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      Quite large, painted this for my Dad's birthday. He loves to collect hand painted knights, soldiers and such. So I think he will really like it. I could do more with the base, but the birthday is today and no time left. It took me about a month to paint and put together. I kind of like it the way it is, maybe it showcases the rock and the figure better if it is not so busy with other stuff.

The Shield was the hardest part. I am not so great at freehand and then deciding to muck it up with blood and dirt was a really tough decision. I read in quite a few places that the Pegasus was a popular figure found in Roman art (seen in pottery, mosaics and such.) Hopefully I am not too far off the mark historically, but my dad is more into the overall look than historical accuracy.

3inches 1/24 scale - hope you enjoy

• By odinsgrandson
      At this point, I've done enough Arena Rex that I should probably just dedicate a single thread to collecting them.  So here we go.

• By Ironhammer
      I did this figure up for the quarterly painting competition.  I made a weapon swap to turn her into a female gladiator, with a gladius blade pulled from the spare parts bin and a scratch built fantasy scutum, which was made mostly from sheet styrene.  The scorpions are freehand.  Apologies for my rather sub-par photography!

• By Bathory
      75mm resin mini
      Primed and put mostly together

The color scheme Todd picked out

Started the skin

• By odinsgrandson
      Medusa is easily among the most beautiful sculpts I've ever painted.  My hat is off to Sebastian Archer, he really outdid himself with this one.

After I posted the first one, another client asked me to paint her up for him.  I mostly followed my original color scheme, except this time I used true metallics in place of the non-metallic metals I used the first time around.

I'll need to paint one up for myself sometime.  She really just screams to be in a competition.

I've posted her to coolmini for anyone who cares to vote.

The translucent fabrics make me think I ought to go with links for her:

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-1.JPG?i=1414459205

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-2.JPG?i=1968411908

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-3.JPG?i=239197043
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)