Ulfheathen accepts a random rainbow dragon challenge! x2

Ulfheathen

I decided to join in on the fun. I selected Ebonwrath as my dragon. then rolled my colors.

rainbowdragon.jpg.b2f4fa735afbeefd39288e78e1e04cf9.jpg

Pure Black, Cloudy Grey, Pure White

Well interesting but not very colorful. I will go with it but having never painted anything a monotone grey-scale any suggestions or advice.

I'm going to need something to switch off with to prevent eye strain. So back to the boxes of bone to find another dragon. Kryphrixis is the first one I find so he'll be my second dragon. Roll for colors gets me.

rainbowdragon2.jpg.9db085af9046cbd71f1663246c70ec86.jpg

Marine Teal, Clotted Red, Violet Red

That's better and should make for a good looking dragon. Don't have any of those paint colors Yay an excuse to place an order for more paint. While I wait for a few days for my order to arrive i can prepare both dragons and get started on Ebonwrath.

Both dragons will be painted as a 3*** challenge.

• Like 8

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulfheathen for your monochromatic dragon Ebonwrath google some of the famous Film Noir images to see how subtle and magnificent these three non color colors can be executed. Also source Edward Gorey illustrations for ideas. Many of the techniques used by engravers and etchers can be uses on your dragon to enhance the DULL LOL lot of your colors. Dots, crosshatching, dashes even raised or pitted circles. Gradations or washes also can serve as a base to add detail on top of.  Such as starting at the tip of the wings especially if the end in talons or claws with pure bright white and then grating to the body to darkest black.

• Like 6