Corporea

03767: Nemesra as "Jezebel"

You never cease to amaze me.  Wow.

I might pick your brain soon about doing subtle patterns on fabric as I'll be doing that myself in the next few weeks.

As for age, just give it a few years.  Without my glasses my minis are now little blurry blobs.  It sucks, having had 20:20 for my whole life it's been an adjustment.

• Like 8

Who would have guessed that Jezebel was in reality our own Sophie?

Be that as it may, The Girl & her reflection are LOVELY. Your creation is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based treasure. WONDERFULLY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Really gorgeous work as always! 

It's a really thoughtful piece and makes me wonder if the reflection is us seeing her true self or instead how she sees herself....which when you think about it, may be her true self either way. 

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By BellTower
      A very fun paint job, working on 2 types of NMM for the weapons and armour.

The NMM is a bit rough up close, but I'm happy enough with it when views from a distance. The free hand also came out pretty well. This is probably the most complex free hand I've done.

Still some basing to do and could probably improve my blendingg but overall super happy with the result.
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks, 

It's been awhile since I posted, and since I've been painting online with friends a lot more, I figured it was time to get back to it! Painted this one via Twitch livestream the other night when someone in chat suggested a freehand pattern similar to a marsh frog (to go with the "bog" theme). While I can't take credit for the idea, we took the concept and ran with it-- I think the freehand really makes him stand out! Below is a frog stock photo I pulled for general reference.

The hardest part was picking a random pattern to draw on the wings and mirroring it on the other side. Oh, and trying not to make him look too cute, with big, cartoony googly eyes, though the sculpt is stinkin' adorable, I just can't stand it! Thanks Bob Ridolfi for creating yet another Reaper sculpt that makes me smile 

I can't decide whether I want to break up the beautiful matte paint finish (all Reaper MSP colors) with a gloss varnish on the egg-like-sac-protuberances on his back... part of me wants to keep it all matte, but another part of me wants it to look extra gross and slimy. Thoughts?

I appreciate you taking a peek! Hope you have a great day 

Thanks,
      Mocha 

• By Gyar
      First real attempt at NMM bronze, and I got carried away with the freehand. Doesn't really match the model but eh, I enjoyed it. 

• By Crowley
      I could have sworn I'd started a topic for her... I guess I only did it in blog posts... 

Ah well... Here you go, from my blog way back in May!: 

Of all the various monsters in my collection, I don't have anything to represent a genie. And of the various minis out there that are sold as Jinn/Genies, I'm not super thrilled with any of them. So in my last Reaper order I added in one of the Dancing Girl minis, picturing her something more like Jeannie, rather than one of the more authentic portrayals of Jinn. The other reason I picked this particular sculpt is that I'll be getting another one in Bones with Bones 4, and I want to take that one and make her lower half smoke coming out of a lamp. 

I still need to sculpt an appropriate lamp for both of them... 

For now though, just need to get her painted. I was very inspired by the painted version on the webstore.

I decided to do something very similar. After washing her, and attaching her to a Reaper base, I added some ground cover, and then primed her with Reaper's brush on primer. I used Viper Green for the skirt and top, and Imperial Purple as the base for the scarves. Deciding that was too dark, I went back over it mixing in Breast Cancer Awareness Pink with the purple, and like that color better. 

Her skin was based with Ebony Flesh, and I worked it up layer by layer with increasing amounts of Rich Leather. Her cheeks and lips have a bit of Old West Rose mixed in, and then I hit her elbows and nose with the same color. Her eyes and eye shadow are the same purple mix as the veils. I'm not entirely thrilled with the pupil placement, so I think I'm going to try to fix that next time I sit down. 

My plan going forward is to bring up the skin color using the dark skin triad, with rich leather, maybe including some polished leather for the very brightest highlights? The skin tone I'm attempting to match is pretty much that of Lupita Nyong'o. We'll see if I can make it happen.

• Who's Online   50 Members, 1 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)