Paradoxical Mouse

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q

Spoiler

If you want to get more specific, Q could decide to drop the ship in an alternate dimension that just happens to be a Spelljammer campaign...

All kinds of magic-powered sci-fi analogs already built into the game.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

A star system stuck in a nebula. Combination of the nebula and other factors actually allows people on the planet to manipulate plasma to their will (magic). Due to traveling through the nebula after the crew beamed down the ship malfunctioned. Or better yet, once beamed through the atmosphere of the planet the ship can not beam them back. The crew sets out to find a way to break through allowing a transporter beam to get through. Missions and sub-missions ensue... 

Pretty typical story really. My only twist is the actual use of "magic" being explained away through Star Trek tech-talk. 

SO I have been looking for this great video I watch a while back where they explained how the magic in harry potter reflected the use of plasma. IF you could actually some how control it. Obviously the video explained it better than I but I can't seem to find it. For a D&D game mixed with Star Trek the concept seems to mix. IMHO. 

there was also a classic trek episode that had faux romans with telekinesis/telepathy that was bordering on magic, caused by something in the food. can always have that same stuff interacting with imported fauna to give you wizards and monsters. a crashed ship load of gorn would get you some lizard men, and a bad interaction between the food and a shipload of klingons (possibly the cause of the crashed gorn) and you have orks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

there was also a classic trek episode that had faux romans with telekinesis/telepathy that was bordering on magic, caused by something in the food. can always have that same stuff interacting with imported fauna to give you wizards and monsters. a crashed ship load of gorn would get you some lizard men, and a bad interaction between the food and a shipload of klingons (possibly the cause of the crashed gorn) and you have orks

There was also an episode where they met the literal Greek god Apollo. He appeared pretty magical.