TARDIS Christmas Diorama

SparrowMarie

26 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

@Knochensack they look great! What did you used to seal them with? All I have currently is brush on sealer.

I used a spray sealing. Problem with brush on seal is that it tends to scrape away to colour. But spay on sealing is also a delicate thing as it tends to not seal correctly (as you can see on the upper decal). So you've gotta be careful while sealing.

Edited by Knochensack
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/1/2017 at 11:10 AM, Knochensack said:

I used a spray sealing. Problem with brush on seal is that it tends to scrape away to colour. But spay on sealing is also a delicate thing as it tends to not seal correctly (as you can see on the upper decal). So you've gotta be careful while sealing.

Thanks! Now to just find a sealant that won't make my Bones all sticky...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Just found this WIP. I remember the thread you were talking about for the decals, but I can no longer find it.::(:

.........fortunately, I was smart enough to snag the decals when I first saw them.::D:

Thanks! Hopefully the decals that @Knochensack are making me will work and I won't have to fiddle with anything else but I'll definitely save those for future use. I see this not being the last TARDIS I paint.

• Like 2

Received the decals today. Going to do some practice with them soon. I still need to get some spray sealer so it might be a while. I'm currently still working on the TARDIS in tandem with Dagon so things are slow going. Payday is soon and I should be able to get going on this more than I have so far.

• Like 2

I ordered the base and dome today along with trees and a water effects kit from woodland scenics. Those should be here in about a week. I'm about to make a run to Michael's to get some other things I need and then I should be done getting things and can get this project really going.

• Like 4

I got the 3 big things that I needed to get going in the mail today: water effects kit, mini trees, and the display dome/base it's all going on. Slight problem though the air dry clay we have may be dried out and that's what I was going to use to build up the river bank. So might need to make a quick trip tomorrow and get some new clay. I broke down and ordered a can of dullcote because I literally cannot find it around here. Shipping was free so that made it cheap-ish. I'm not yet sure how I feel about the trees yet, I'll have to pull them out of the bag and look at them more closely first.

• Like 2