Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge Completion Thread! (No Chatter)

Congratulations, you have found the thread for posting your completed Random Rainbow Dragon!! The original quest can be seen here: 

Please provide a link to your Show Off Thread (which should include the model # you chose in its tags), a link to the Work in Progress thread, a brief statement of what colors you rolled, a statement of what dragon you painted (for search purposes), and photos of your lovely dragon

The Mods may make grumpy faces and remove chatter-posts from this thread. For chatter, please go to the original quest thread. 

You receive +5000 experience, +3 to skill Crafting (Mini Painting), and over 9000 Internet Points (redeemable whenever, wherever, for bragging rights on the internet) for completing this quest. 

Thank you for your participation. May our flock of dragons fly together forever in the pixels of this thread! 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 7

I present my complete Random Rainbow Dragon, Ebonwrath, in Olive Green, Lemon Yellow and Terran Khaki as part of the 3 star challenge.

20171021_162335.thumb.jpg.eeae687c010ef25057f0db8bfa372212.jpg20171021_162348.thumb.jpg.811c01540981fd9aeeeadd244591890e.jpg

The WIP thread is here;

The show off thread were you can leave comments is here;

• Like 11

Gday All,

Dragon II is now complete. Let me present "Stormwing", in Marine Teal, True Blue and Imperial Purple for a 3 star challenge.20180117_124128.thumb.jpg.0bcbb71ec5f8cf7e7970d94f238e1e5f.jpg

The final Show Off thread is here:

The WIP thread is here:

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Continuing deeper into the dry steppe I cane across a brass dragon in its native habitat.  I think she was keeping watch over a nearby nomadic tribe but she took off before I was able to ask.

Another old piece of miniature history, this is the brass dragon from the 3rd and final dragon of the month series by Grenadier.  The amount of energy put into this mini is pretty amazing and, like all its brethren, this dragon has stood the test of time.  I painted this one using a basecoat of scale 75 metallic but then did all the highlight work using a wax metallic set I recently acquired on sale.  
      Hope you like her; this series does have some seriously dramatic positions for the dragons, especially when you consider that these are all softer, lead based minis.

• By Kangaroorex
      Further efforts to produce a dozen dragons this year brought me out to the desert sands where even dragons new to worry about being spotted if they want a decent meal.  To this end desert dragons are campflaged to look like the ground from above and the sky from below.

Hope you enjoy him 

• By Kangaroorex
      Another of the older dragons completed.  This has to have been my favorite miniature series.  Over the course of a few years Grenadier brought out 37 new dragons, all of them unique and yet obviously part of the same world.  

This is from the third series and the sculptor is William Watt.  I love the level of detail and, in general how well these have held up over the decades.  These are always a joy to paint.

I based him on a 3 inch base and tried to give it a blasted heath effect which makes him stand out pretty well.  I'm still trying to complete 12 dragons this year and I am nearly there!  Hope you enjoy him!

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, this is a mini that I made as a joke for a friend of mine. He GMs a lot of games, and has always been a bit fascinated by the fact that the Half Dragon template can be added to almost any kind of creature. Including ones that reproduce by dividing.
      Truly, the biology of dragons is a wonder.
      Anyway, he got to completely wreck the party with this Half Black Dragon Gelatinous Cube.
      I made it by combining some parts from an invisible dragon and gelatinous cube minis (both from Reaper’s Bones line). I used water effect for gap filling and a bit of sculpting, and added a little color with some thinned down paints. I wanted to give the impression that it picks up debris from the floor as it moves along.
      Except for the eyes, which are totally opaque so that they can show up. Seriously, I think they’re the only part that really shows up at all in the pictures, but you get the idea.

In an unrelated project for the same friend, I found a really strange bit that I think is supposed to be the head of a dragon, but seriously looks like a half dragon spider. So that got painted too.
      Man, dragons really make some poor choices.

• By Lidless Eye
      To finish off the recently finished, random miniatures! (I hate creating a bunch of tiny threads)

"Heroes of Golden Sword" from Crippled God Foundry

"Life is easy, it's never hard, when you're a Kobold and a Bard"

Kobold Bard (duh) from Stonehaven Miniatures

Halfling Gardener, also from Stonehaven

Converted Foundry Argonauts, to be Dricheans for Frosgrave: Ghost Archipelago

"LET'S GET FROSTY!"

Frost Giant from Gale Force 9

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)