MASTER PAINTERS 3-5 words biography HELP PLEASE

Hi I'm trying to create a surprise  for Reaper Con 2017 & 25th Anniversary. Can you please help me with a little background for the MASTER PAINTERS. So you know what I'm thinking for Instance I know Michael Proctor and Jessica Rich my few word definition of them would be:

Michael Proctor: Penultimate non metal metal genius

Jessica Rich: Elegant Embellishments

Can you all  help me out with the signature strengths of any these Master Painters????

• Anne Foerster
  • Laszlo Jakusovsky
  • Derek Schubert 
  • Jennifer Haley
  • Doug Cohen
  • Rhonda Bender
  • Aaron Lovejoy
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, PinkCarnation said:

Mr Melons or who ever posted of Rhonda "Would you say she is a "smooth blending criminal"? why the adjective criminal?? Please enlighten me.

It's a play on the song "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson. No offense was intended I'm sure, and you can feel free to use a different description if you're uncomfortable with that. :) 

My suggestion:

Anne Foerster: Makes the Rainbow

(she's the one who creates the paints at Reaper)

I'll try to think of a few more. This is a neat idea! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 3

Doug Cohen is a superstar in the North Texas historical miniatures community. 

He has helped bridge the gap between the historical and the fantasy/sci-fi miniatures communities -- or at least convince the historical-minis guys that painting a fantasy/sci-fi figure can be liberating because they can choose whatever colors and designs they want, instead of what historical accuracy dictates.  :;):

Doug's dynamic and detailed battle scenes / dioramas include scratch-sculpted or heavily converted figures, and they always astound me in ReaperCon's painting contest. 
I don't remember the details of how Anne Foerster met Doug and connected him with Reaper, when she was the staff painter for Reaper.

Photos of his contest entries are in the ReaperCon MSP Open galleries, such as at https://reapercon.com/mspopen/2017

Laszlo Jakusovszky (note the "z" in his last name, though the ReaperCon page doesn't have it!) has all but retired from miniature painting in order to focus on 2D illustration, but I especially remember his painstakingly smooth blends and vibrant colors.  He produced an instructional DVD in 2008, "Hot Lead: How to Paint A Better Miniature".

Jennifer Haley practically became a household name in the early-/mid-2000s, raising miniature painting to a higher level of art.  She painted a lot for Reaper, Dark Sword, and Freebooter, and continues to paint for Cool Mini or Not and other clients.   She and Anne Foerster were featured together in the first Dark Sword instructional DVD (2011), and she starred in a "Miniature Painting Secrets" DVD by CMoN.

Jennifer Greenwald has leapt and bounded up the learning curve over the last few years to become a standout among Reaper's current freelancers.

Thanks,

Derek

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dks said:

Doug Cohen is a superstar in the North Texas historical miniatures community. 

He has helped bridge the gap between the historical and the fantasy/sci-fi miniatures communities -- or at least convince the historical-minis guys that painting a fantasy/sci-fi figure can be liberating because they can choose whatever colors and designs they want, instead of what historical accuracy dictates.  :;):

Doug's dynamic and detailed battle scenes / dioramas include scratch-sculpted or heavily converted figures, and they always astound me in ReaperCon's painting contest. 
I don't remember the details of how Anne Foerster met Doug and connected him with Reaper, when she was the staff painter for Reaper.

Photos of his contest entries are in the ReaperCon MSP Open galleries, such as at https://reapercon.com/mspopen/2017

Laszlo Jakusovszky (note the "z" in his last name, though the ReaperCon page doesn't have it!) has all but retired from miniature painting in order to focus on 2D illustration, but I especially remember his painstakingly smooth blends and vibrant colors.  He produced an instructional DVD in 2008, "Hot Lead: How to Paint A Better Miniature".

Jennifer Haley practically became a household name in the early-/mid-2000s, raising miniature painting to a higher level of art.  She painted a lot for Reaper, Dark Sword, and Freebooter, and continues to paint for Cool Mini or Not and other clients.   She and Anne Foerster were featured together in the first Dark Sword instructional DVD (2011), and she starred in a "Miniature Painting Secrets" DVD by CMoN.

Jennifer Greenwald has leapt and bounded up the learning curve over the last few years to become a standout among Reaper's current freelancers.

Thanks,

Derek

This is exactly why I stopped building Military Model Kits and turned to Fantasy and Scifi.

Only recently I picked up a few large scale Ancients but since there is little consensus about their outfit I can go to town on those as well.

I kept trying to be as accurate as possible and lost my fun vibe in the process.

With Fantasy I can do whatever I want and it IS liberating!

So glad I did that.

I can still drool over a large well painted Napoleonic Army or a German WWII Panzer Division though.