Today, I'm not feeling working on my main ReaperCon project for the diorama so I figured to stay productive and still do something I'll go ahead and start a WIP thread for some tabletop to tabletop+ painted figures of mounts and/or animal companions for the characters in my D&D game.

First off I'm doing these three bones figures: animal companion brown bear (Jim), animal companion black panther (Alex), and Phantasmal blue panther mount (Bagheera). These are for the monk/ranger character in my D&D 'Broken Gods' game.

59c84ff317243_AC1.thumb.jpg.0603330a5d7c13976369d119d3e658b1.jpg

I will use some green stuff to even out and blend into the bones broccoli bases, the bigger panther will get a green stuff made saddle and harness. 

After I'm done with these three:

• I will paint up a golden lion (the companion to the panther figure from bones 3 I believe)
  • Find a fox figure big enough to be a mount - will need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long.
  • Acquire a nightmare figure for a mount or modify a horse or unicorn
  • Like 11

Great, looking forward to seeing what you will come up with.

A few days ago I stumbled upon a video sequence of Vin Diesel and Laura Bailey playing DnD with a few others. Since then I cannot see this abbreviation without thinking that the game should be renamed Dungeons and Diesel.

• Like 2

A bit more work I did before dinner, all the green stuff work done.

59c86f136ee68_AC2.thumb.jpg.ed14f4bf01cb42a616080830fae5660b.jpg

So far, a fun little project with no stress. Just doing it for fun and not for any kind of contests here, means I can play around a bit more and figure it out as I go.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I've been doing a lot of tabletop stuff for the same reason.  No pressure, and it has been helping improve my brush control.  ^_^ 

It's nice and relaxing to me.

This is the 2nd saddle I've done, the first was a skeleton on a large spider about 2 years ago. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Right now I'm working with the liners to prime/basecoat the figures. Really, I want to spend probably another hour or two on the group and call them good. I'll be doing dry-brushing soon and a bit of freehand on the big panther. 

• Like 3

Looking good so far!

As for the Nightmare, maybe use the Reaper Storm Steed?

I painted it as a Nightmare years ago.

You could leave the wings of and make a saddle.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60459-03124-storm-steed/&/topic/60459-03124-storm-steed/?hl=nightmare

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looking good so far!

As for the Nightmare, maybe use the Reaper Storm Steed?

I painted it as a Nightmare years ago.

You could leave the wings of and make a saddle.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60459-03124-storm-steed/&/topic/60459-03124-storm-steed/?hl=nightmare

Oh! I like it!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I always love watching your work!  I'm excited to see where this goes!

Thanks! I’m thinking I can finish them up tonight or tomorrow night. ::D:

• Like 1

Haven’t felt like painting the last few days, but I did work on these guys for and hour or so tonight. 

Current progress:353B2B4A-28DD-4B50-901F-6CC0B0B923DB.thumb.jpeg.a6a4a41c3b1e0261d536b5477385c29b.jpeg398E8C25-C70F-46BD-A871-97FA3BA70CC8.thumb.jpeg.ca49cc0628063efac4804097022242dd.jpeg65FC2F09-489B-481E-87C6-83615AF280FC.thumb.jpeg.281c7a0a7b7b0ad9ea8461de103f531a.jpeg

• Like 13

12 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

A very nice start!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You can take pride in your work..( pun intended)..

Hah!

• Like 2

Started a couple more mounts: a horse from one of Tre’s kickstarters which will be painted up as a nightmare. The lion I added a saddle to. 

The others will get more paint here soon. They are pretty close to being done. 

0E1BB185-BC06-4404-AF42-23761516DD18.thumb.jpeg.33ef26a0cdcc4080e4e68b123f70a53c.jpeg2561D582-7263-4214-8F13-32F882E27CAD.thumb.jpeg.eef2a1e4a6e1a76f071ea18f918aa87c.jpeg

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7