Nice.  I like that you spent the extra time to add some different colored stones in.  Did you glue the fences to the pillars or are they free standing from each other?

Also how did they hold up during your game?  I thought they were a little tippy and have been considering adding a large base to the bottom of them.  Probably some ballast to the hollow sections (lower the CG) and some trimed up tongue depressors painted matt black.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Logos said:

Nice.  I like that you spent the extra time to add some different colored stones in.  Did you glue the fences to the pillars or are they free standing from each other?

Also how did they hold up during your game?  I thought they were a little tippy and have been considering adding a large base to the bottom of them.  Probably some ballast to the hollow sections (lower the CG) and some trimed up tongue depressors painted matt black.

If you follow the link I have in the first post you can see how I magnetized the parts. I put steel rod into the pillars and magnets in the fences and it's quite stable. As you can see in the picture above, during the game I had a mini jump onto a pillar and it had no trouble staying up.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      The Faceless is a neat game with some really interesting miniatures.
      The player token is a compass, and all of the miniatures have magnets in them to manipulate what direction the compass points. When the players move, they have to follow the compass direction.
      It is a really neat game, and most of the minis are little double sided dioramas (they have one side that’s a poor child about to be abducted by a monster, and the other side is the creepy little chimera that he turns them into).
      Anyway, here are the minis I painted:

• By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture:

The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.

I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.

I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.

Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
    • By Skrill
      Hi all,
      Here is my take on the Graveyard Golem that came with the Crypt expansion in Bones 3.

I tried to give its eyes an eerie glow to show what evil animates it and it also matches the glow in painted on the runes inside the crypt. (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77887-crypt-graveyard-expansion/)

• By magtagj
      Finally starting to make headway on KS3! Having kids, mirite?

• By Pochi
      I finished the Obsidian Crypt from the Bones 3 kickstarter. I looked at lots of photos of old mausoleums for inspiration. Now, I just need to finish the fence and all of the main cemetery parts will be finished. Then just ghouls, golems, worms, etc to do to complete the entire expansion.

I had fun flocking the crypt. I resembled Oscar the Grouch by the time I was finished!

I put a couple flickering LED candles inside the crypt to emulate torchlight/candlelight and thought it turned out pretty cool!

• Who's Online   47 Members, 3 Anonymous, 192 Guests (See full list)