Sign in to follow this  
John Free

Mina Splinterheart Pants

I like this miniature and I am thinking that I may purchase it, however I hate the short pants.  How would you go about modifying the miniature to have longer pants and/or taller boots?  

03845_p_1_im.jpg

Edited by John Free
added picture
  • Like 3

Hi John!  I'm actually the guy who painted that one for Reaper, and, honestly, I wasn't originally a fan of the pants myself (though they grew on me).  However, if you feel somewhat confident in the use of Green Stuff, increasing the length of the pants shouldn't be too hard.  Otherwise, I would suggest looking at Reaper's other female pirates to see if you could find some boots that you like to cut and paste onto Mina, so to speak.  Best of luck!

• Like 7

This is a job for milliput, magic sculpt, procreate, greenstuff, any modelling putty really. You might want to avoid any putty that requires oven curing though, I'm not sure what that would do to the miniature. This is beginner teir modification as long as you have the courage and dexterity to follow through. A sculpting tool or 2 might also help. Or Kuros' suggestion of finding some boots from another mini and transplant them, which is even easier.

• Like 3

That's funny: the knee length trousers were a plus for me. That is how a sailor/pirate should look, thought I...yet another different strokes moment.

If you lengthen the pants, having them flair at the bottom, bell bottom style, would be accurate; re, if you have occasion to jump overboard & have the foresight to jump feet first, flaired trousers will fill with air giving you some extra time afloat. 

Green stuff would work well with the converting.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, malefactus said:

That's funny: the knee length trousers were a plus for me. That is how a sailor/pirate should look, thought I...yet another different strokes moment.

If you lengthen the pants, having them flair at the bottom, bell bottom style, would be accurate; re, if you have occasion to jump overboard & have the foresight to jump feet first, flaired trousers will fill with air giving you some extra time afloat. 

Green stuff would work well with the converting.

I really liked my dungarees back in the day.  I was really up set when we switch uniforms to utilities.  The dungarees were more durable and once broken in were way more comfortable. 

Anyway back on topic, I may just try to give her taller boots.  That should not be to hard.  Thanks folks :)

• Like 5

Adding boots is probably easier than making the pants longer.  The flair at the bottom of the existing pants would make it hard to extend them with putty I'd think.

• Like 2