Starfinder Masterclass Miniatures

SamuraiJack

20 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

It will keep delivering on it's KS'ers until it doesn't. Money runs out at some point. And right now, I get too much sense of a shell game. We money is being robbed from Paul's project to pay for Peter's project... so to speak. 

I hope I am wrong on this. I would hate to see a company go down like Center Stage did. 

I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Ninja Division isn't a KS-only company, and most of their cash flow comes from regular retail releases.  Not to say that it couldn't happen, but the risk isn't the same as e.g. CSM.

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just enjoying the comments in this project. Fun to read, but not worth the dollar to participate. I cannot justify investing another penny into soda pop miniatures or ninja division or whatever they want to call themselves. They have lost a repeat customer and from what I'm reading, I'm not the only lost repeat customer. I love the chibi miniatures and hope that they can turn around, but after these kickstarter projects, I'm just going to wait for sales/clearance.

• Like 3

I went the other way. After spending two years defending & cheering for them I switched sides and went straight into scumbag antagonist mode. Yeah it's shameful, but we never would have gotten any meaningful response from them if Super Dungeon Explore and Rail Raiders backers hadn't swarmed the Starfinder campaign and demand they stop ignoring and lying to their current backers. They flat out admitted as much several times. Hopefully something beneficial will be learned in all this.

I can take delays, especially since the long SDE delay has seemingly improved the rules, but months of ignored questions, doublespeak, and the straight up lies to RRI backers was too much. I don't like being the jerk (again) but I'm not half bad at it.

C'est la vie :unsure:

• Like 6

Wow. I haven't been following any of the kickstarters so had no idea there was so much concern over them.

Soda Pop Minis used to run their booth at PAX Prime directly across from Reapers, so I'd wander over and chat with them a bit. Even bought a few of their chibi and non chibi minis.

• Like 4

Well at least their latest update explains why they've been distracted and unfocused in their communication recently, a major health problem for an owner/main designer/writer will mess things up big time

hopefully now he's recovering and the issue is out in the open they'll be more able to get the comms right from now on

(the delays, well they're always a risk on KS especially when a campaign gets big, just ask reaper, or rules need to go back into playtesting which did need to happen based on how many backers were moaning about issues with soda pop games rules previously)

• Like 2

I will say the update I read for Legends comes off as honest and sincere. I don't know if I'll back, but that at least explains what has been going on with them.

I think some may worry that talking about health stuff is a sign of weakness, or a display of vulnerability. I however see it as a sign of strength. 

• Like 1

The fact that they wrote and then scrapped Legends over and over amd over means they didn't really have much of an idea what they were doing with it when they started and thought what they had in mind was good enough. Those are where the real delays came from, as well as the horrendous organization of the entire KS made it difficult for them to fit everything together coherently, 3 games became 4 games, one of which was just a reprint, they had to hire a fresh perspective (Justin iirc?) to put it all together. I don't see how something like this would impact the Starfinder production though.

My complaint about this KS is that there is no option for someone like me to just pick up a few minis that I would like to paint without forking out $100-$180 to get more than what I want. Wait for retail I guess, but there's a lot of competition for my money there, this one will likely lose out. Anyone who is getting into it; enjoy and good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

My line of thought was that Ninja Division might be faster with Paizo breathing down their necks than if only backers were waiting for their games.

I'd hope so. Would you really want one of the most popular gaming companies among the people not happy if you don't follow on your side of a deal? 

I like the look but the initial price is turning me off from this one. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2017 at 2:32 PM, Leader of the Rats said:

My complaint about this KS is that there is no option for someone like me to just pick up a few minis that I would like to paint without forking out $100-$180 to get more than what I want. Wait for retail I guess, but there's a lot of competition for my money there, this one will likely lose out. Anyone who is getting into it; enjoy and good luck.

They have commented that you can get a $1 pledge then add on what you wish from the add-on section.

• Like 6