Last Knight

...which of you did this?

10 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Someone sent you a brick? :blink:

Weird ::P:

A random brick!

It's a play on a Facebook meme that's going around - "tag a friend in a random stock photo." But - pretty much everyone I know IRL would have sent it to my address, not my folks.

Return address was fake, postmark was New York.

• Like 4

:blink: If someone said "Random Stock Brick" to me, I would've thought LEGO block.

If it's meant as a prank, then the sender is pretty serious about pranks 'cause shipping heavy bricks costs a bit more than few stamps. Our old family neighbour would've been that kind of person.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

:blink: If someone said "Random Stock Brick" to me, I would've thought LEGO block.

If it's meant as a prank, then the sender is pretty serious about pranks 'cause shipping heavy bricks costs a bit more than few stamps. Our old family neighbour would've been that kind of person.

About $7, according to the postmark!

Edit to add: I think I've found the website they used, actually... Which means the NY postmark is useless.

https://funkydelivery.com/product/mail-a-brick/

So, someone spent about $14 to confuse the hell out of me while making a meme reference.

... money well spent...

• Like 22

After reading that website, I have to admit I feel a twinge of envy for whoever came up with the idea, because they figured out how to monetize mailing bricks and glitter to random people. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 18

Just now, OneBoot said:

After reading that website, I have to admit I feel a twinge of envy for whoever came up with the idea, because they figured out how to monetize mailing bricks and glitter to random people. :lol:

Huzzah!

I'm just profoundly grateful that my brick sender didn't spring the extra $3 to have the envelope filled with glitter, too.

... Although I'm seriously considering sending glitter and a get well card (and a brick) to my friend who loves glitter and recently scratched her cornea...

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Last Knight said:

I'm just profoundly grateful that my brick sender didn't spring the extra $3 to have the envelope filled with glitter, too.

... Although I'm seriously considering sending glitter and a get well card (and a brick) to my friend who loves glitter and recently scratched her cornea...

Ummm surprise glitter and scratched corneas do not go well together.  Just a friendly FYI.

Instead send her a get well message delivered by a creepy clown.

• Like 15

I can’t believe you accused ME of doing this on bookfarce! As I said on there, waaaay too clever of an idea for me and I honestly don’t know if I still have your address(es). 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

Ummm surprise glitter and scratched corneas do not go well together.  Just a friendly FYI.

Instead send her a get well message delivered by a creepy clown.

I'm booked up for the time being.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Glitter?!?  Yikes.... everybody... hide the site from Glitterwolf!!!  WOOF doesn't need this kind of armament!

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 8