Jump to content

Painting supply question -yellow flat sponge?


Recommended Posts

At ReaperCon, one of the classes gave us these yellow circles that when wet act as a thin sponge holding water and make it easy to wipe or re-wet our brushes.

I remember that the teacher said that its something you can get at home depot but for the life of me I cant remember what it is called.


Edited by RomulanCmdr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Could it have been chamois?  It's a sort of yellow car detailing cloth, could have been cut up into lots of little circles.  

That's what I'm thinking.


Also known as a shammy or the ShamWow.


Originally leather, now they're synthetic lint free cloths that absorb and retain water really well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you search for 'Soldering station cleaning sponge' on eBay you'll find a lot of 3mm thick sponges that happens to be yellow... 

Could that be it?

Those are usually prety hard until they're wet...

(Or so I seem to remember. I threw mine away many years ago. Nog going to ruin more soldering iron tips with them. )


  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...