Cyradis

Mel the Necromancer by Cyr - Thoroughly Slytherin (Pic Heavy)

Ooooh a necromancer!  I love necromancers!

You're layering is awesome!  My favorite is the skin!  Oh wait the green!!  No no no the blue is the best! No the hair!  No the skull!  No the scythe! 

Heck, the whole thing is super awesome and she is beautiful!  You did an amazing job!

See this is why I don't go to the CMPA I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys!  I have a lot of practicing to do!

• Like 2

You have to go to CMPA so you can pick our brains! She wouldn't have been this good without their help :poke:

32 minutes ago, Pochi said:

She turned out great. I never liked this mini but after seeing how you painted here, I may have to get one someday!

Honestly, she isn't a figure I would have picked either. Sir Cyr picked her, and I decided to slap some paint on. She has a lot of pleasing-to-paint features. You got ample skin to practice that and tattoos, good cloth to work with (with holes to add detail), a few fiddly bits, and a fun weapon. And she is relatively open, so there isn't much contortion needed to get the brush where it needs to go. Only downside is her club foot. Instead of filing that, I painted the bottom to give the illusion of a nice foot. 

4 minutes ago, Kuche said:

greate job, looks amazing. havent paint any necromancer yet, and now i think i need to paint her thanks to you ::P:

Thanks! I hope you have fun painting her too!

• Like 1

She is a BEAUTIFULLY EVIL creation, sinister & lovely at the same time. Your work with brush & eye for color are as OUTSTANDING as ever. I love her skin tones. VERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 1

The nailpolish is to 1) provide a tiny bit of red on her right side to balance the skull on her left. It isn't much, but I thought it would help a bit. And... 2). Her fingers on the right have a hideous mold line through them, and I had no idea how to make it look decent by filing, and it was too deep to blob stuff into I thought. So I kinda hid the almost severed fingers by making the fronts look painted. If I took a photo from the side it might look like she has bloody finger stumps attached to the staff :poke:

• Like 2

I will echo the others on how nicely painted she is.  That bony piece on her chest is the oddest part to me, but that's not because of your paint.

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Her fingers on the right have a hideous mold line through them, and I had no idea how to make it look decent by filing, and it was too deep to blob stuff into I thought.

Too deep for green stuff or some other putty?  I might try using putty, but it depends.  If a cast is so bad it would take lots of work to fix, that's the kind of thing to report to Reaper.  Sometimes it is a flaw in the mold, but it could just be a bad cast.  If the mold is damaged and hasn't been replaced with a new one, lots of people could be suffering the same issue. 

• Like 2

I'd need to get finer sculpting tools than I have to deal with it. The finger tips are severed and shifted by about the spacing of the fingers, so it would be a mess to fix properly. They're sortof offset - it is odd. When I get back home I'll snap a photo. 

There is a fine mold line on top of her hood, and one visible on the inside of her cloak. I managed to mostly hide the one on her leg with some ardcoat. I wouldn't be too surprised if her cast is a little wonky. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      Finished him rather quickly because he was a breeze to paint. No assembly required is always welcome.
      Only complaint I might have is these reaper models with already sculpted thick bases that I have to try and work around to base the figure myself. 
      Steals away some of the creativity and fun.

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By Sharkbelly
      I am starting work on this guy.

• By Crowley
      The Light and The Dark
      I can't tell you how much I love this band! they've got a week left in this amazing kickstarter, and you should totally go check it out! 
      From the kickstarter page:
      About
      It’s been over four years since we’ve released an album. That’s about to change. 

The Light is coming 3/20/20.

Here’s the plan: We are going back into the studio with the producer of Carry The Fire, Alex Wong, to record two sister albums that will reflect the dual sides of Delta Rae: The Light and The Dark. The Light will be hopeful, soulful, and sun-kissed and released in Spring 2020. It will include songs like “The Wrong Ocean” and “Any Better Than This.” The Dark will be mysterious, witchy and raw and released soon after (on/before March 2021). We will go on an expansive tour with each record, crafting live experiences beyond just music, to bring these worlds to life for you.

But we need your help. For the past seven years we have been signed to record labels that have helped fund our albums, music videos, photography, and artwork. But as of last month, that has changed. 

We are incredibly excited to announce that we are independent once again. 

And we are humbly asking you to help us make our most ambitious project come to life. We made our first album, Carry The Fire, independently with the help of amazing fans on Kickstarter. Together, we learned just what it takes to make an album. So, here’s where your money will go:
      If we raise $30,000, we make The Light
      $10,000 Production
      $3,000 Auxiliary Musicians (Strings, Horns, etc.)
      $10,000 Mixing
      $2,000 Mastering
      $5,000 Physical Production (CD + Art)

If we raise $60,000, we make The Light and The Dark

And any additional money will mean we can make *MUSIC VIDEOS* and help spread the word about these two albums. 

And this is just the beginning. Moving forward — for the first time in a long time — we will fully control and own the music we release. We can make and share live albums, singles, and protest songs whenever we want. This means more mystical music videos and wildly ambitious creative projects. You will be helping to launch all of this. 
      We know we already owe you all so much. And it means the world to us that you have helped us live this dream and make this art for the last 10 years. We appreciate you all more than you know and don’t ask lightly for your hard-earned money and help. But we also know you have made us a part of your lives and built friendships and community around Delta Rae that transcend anything we could do alone. You are a part of our story — the most important part. 

So let’s have a blast doing this together. Get a big group of friends and host a house party. Pick a song you want to hear us sing. Get psyched for some one-of-a-kind merch. Find the tier that sounds most fun to you. Help spread this campaign so we can make more “Bottom of the River“ and “Dance in The Graveyards”-style epic music videos. 
      Thank you for being a part of this journey, your support and loyalty will help us make this next chapter real. We promise to work harder than ever to build a world of goodness, magic, and feeling through our music. Because you can’t have the light without the dark. And we still carry the fire. 
      Love always.
      Delta Rae
    • By Mutilatedlips
      I originally purchased him use his alternative skull head and arm, but needed a human necro for an upcoming scenario. I like this version too.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)