Generic Fighter

Making Max's Minions Redux! a WiP Thread.

So, I'm getting close to finishing up this Project. Also, my olde thread for this was from before the Great PhotoBucket Fiasco. So I'm redoing this thread using my new Imgur account! Behold my Bad Paint Jobs and Despair!! Or Not;)

First up the Ani-Pals!

SISV9h8.jpg

Dog I

OyS0qcZ.jpg

Dog III

8nBMWzo.jpg

Dog IV

Tn2Rvnk.jpg

Bare the Bear Companion

5nDMxPs.jpg

0WQsVXt.jpg

Dawg the Ranger, "Leader" of the Ani-Pals!

91AtiqD.jpg

Sting the Pixie Rogue!

1xVWbCQ.jpg

Salle Goblin Sorceress!

tr9Eojw.jpg

Kildrick the Dwarven Cleric!

Gonna post the rest in the next post so I don't hit Image Max Limits.

GF

• Like 4

Now for updated Pictures of some of Max's Minions!

6SfoZ8l.jpg

PREg3zp.jpg

cOCNz0o.jpg

TcX5T5S.jpg

Bullock Boernoak Human Psion!

iH7BZwF.jpg

Stasi Xen Human Fighter! Early WiP picture!

The rest that need done...

-Dog II

-Al Owlbear Companion

So, this project is getting close to done. Hoping to get this to the Minions by the end of the year!

GF

• Like 3

Major Progress on the Mini-Minions!

QpjEkZ6.jpg

xPkh4y6.jpg

Stasi Xen, Human Fighter has gotten Her Axe and a Base Coat!

ikt9Ke4.jpg

M4uDQIJ.jpg

Kildrick, Dwarf Cleric Finally has a bit of Shading done on him!

fZ47wI7.jpg

lc66dPD.jpg

Dog II Dog Companion needs only a bit of Basework!

GF

• Like 3

More Progress!!

WbD9awN.jpg

Z2NHuma.jpg

OLBDFgV.jpg

227AdUN.jpg

5i0mrNv.jpg

Kildrick the Dwarven Cleric is done and sealed! Just a bit of base work and I can call him done. Also, Check out the freehand on the book:)

EJRMpXx.jpg

5kTfdbE.jpg

Stasi Xen is getting closer to done. Need to think on a couple things before progressing though. Not sure I like how the axe is coming along.

GF

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Owlbear promo from Bones Black.  It was a lot of fun to paint!  As an aside, does anyone know if this can still be purchased through Reaper?  I can't find it on the site anymore... :(

• By Livesay
      A year ago I painted my first minis for D&D. It's not my best work, but it's most definitely an upgrade!

• By cornucopia
      Hello everyone,

So I finally took the plunge to post here, so please accept my take on the Owlbear from the Reaper Black series. All comments or remarks are welcome!

Many greetings,
      Philip

*EDIT : added additional photographs.

• By Maledrakh
      Delving into the Bones 4 core set, we start by pulling out the 24 bonus goblins that originally were in the Bones 3 core set. And add to them the 12 that I have from the previous kickstarter for a grand total of 36 goblins, 6 each of 6 different sculpts. I actually think I should have a few more of these, as one of the ones I got in the Bones 3 shipment was missing a part, and Reaper sent me a whole pack as a replacement. I wonder where I have put the originals?

These are a bit thinner and more weedy sculpts than the Bones 1 and 2 goblins (Reaper makes a lot of Goblins, obviously they sell well), but as such they should fit well with my existing Lord of the Rings Moria Goblin army I am slowly growing for Kings of War.  I have based them on my 3D printed 20mm round bases, the Bones 3 ones have a slightly different style as I have since developed the design, making the later types more hollowed out so I can avoid the minis always standing on a hilltop.

36 goblins are quite a handful to deal with all at once. Being nickled and dimed to death, or experiencing death by a thousand cuts as it were, is still dead.

Goblin Luggits are the ones with two handed weapons in Kings of War Vanguard

Goblin Spitters are the bowmen in Kings of War Vanguard

The rest are just Rabble (in Kings of War Vanguard)

I generally do not like painting identical minis identically, so I switch things up slightly by painting each set of different sculpts in a different base colour, and randomly do the other bits. I keep some bits the same throughout, such as the weapons, shields, or helmets, and also have used the same strong quickshade ink and a very light drybrush with Team Yankee Maverick Khaki, a mid-to-light beige-ish green on all the minis.
      This together with the bases give the entire group a cohesive feel, so they appear as a unit while still retaining a sense of individuality,
      These are really quite quick to paint, just alot of them to do. I did them in between bouts of playing Payday 2 over the last couple of days.

77444 Goblin Warriors +  77445 Goblin Skirmishers
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015 (and Bones 4 KS 2017)
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC.
      20mm bespoke 3D printed round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 225 Guests (See full list)