Mythos Expansion: The Monsters

Argentee

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic work!

The Dark Young's paint scheme is my favorite.  It's exactly the way I pictured it, but I had no idea how to make it work.  That's a lot of great detail and colour for what is, essentially, a black paint scheme - great work!

The original paint schemes for the Mi-Go and Grave Wailer work very well, too - I think it's fine to go with your instincts over the text on the colours of Lovecraft's monsters anyway - after all, we are getting those descriptions from unreliable narrators with judgments that can be very safely questioned since most of them at best barely saw the monsters, and at worst are raving maniacs!

• Like 4

Thanks! The Dark Young was my favorite of them to paint. It's a great model and trying to use multiple shades of black was a challenge. The colors I used for the blacks were Reaper MSP nightmare black, true black, swamp green, Walnut brown, and ritterlich blue. 

• Like 3

Loooove it. I'm working on a "Witch coven" scenario (it's a long shot, because the "Tree of despair" from Bones IV will be part of it) but a piece like that as something the witches summoned will look cool. Could you give me an idea about it's size? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Loooove it. I'm working on a "Witch coven" scenario (it's a long shot, because the "Tree of despair" from Bones IV will be part of it) but a piece like that as something the witches summoned will look cool. Could you give me an idea about it's size? 

It's approximately five inches tall to the top of the tentacles.

• Like 1