• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      A pair of speed painted 3d printed robots I completed during my 4th of July Paint Binge.  I found the GW Contrast paints to be very good at covering large smooth surfaces easily.  The red one was from a KS project by EC3D. (and yes, it's missing an arm) I am not sure where my husband found the other one, but maybe Thingaverse.  

• By MusicalFeline
      So, first off, sorry if this is in the wrong category. Wasn’t sure which one to put it in, so.... Here it is.

As I’ve been painting for a while, the thought of “hey, maybe I should print my own minis” popped into my head. I pursued this thought a while, and then determined that yeah,  I should probably go ask the professionals. So, here I am, rapid-firing questions like a nitwit.

First of all, what are some of the pros and cons? It would seem that it’d be cheaper in the long haul, but don’t you have to buy the 3D model as well? (But MF, you could finally make those minis you’ve made in your spare time on Hero Forge.......)... What are some of y’all’s pros and cons?

Second off, what printer? From my research, it seems that resin provides the most detail, but is more expensive, so I’d like to avoid it if at all possible. I’ve heard that the Creality Ender 3 seems to be best for the rookie on a budget (which I am in the largest sense of the word), but is it really?

Lastly, is it actually worth it in the end? In both the regards of pleasure with the final product and economically?

All thoughts and advice is needed and appreciated! Thanks, all!
    • By Standifer
      So I finally fell into the temptation and got my first ground based sci fi minis!(I do have spaceships.) 
      A Cataphract, conquerer , and a halberd by Reaper minis came in with my horsman today! Sadly the halberd is missing a piece so it may in end up being returned. 
      So my first order of business was a small conversion to the cataphract
      Before conversion

And the conquerer has donated the necessary parts for said conversion, specifically his smaller missile pods.

A bit of work with an exacto knife removed said weapons.

And a bit more exacto work to make a spot for the pods on the Cataphract.

Some super glue to assemble the cataphract and voila! It is time for paint!

And don’t worry about the Conquerer, I have a conversion in mind for it too. It just might not be a true mech when I’m done.......

More sci-fi stuff to come soon I hope!
      And maybe just maybe I’ll try to make a backstory for these guys.
      Thankyou for looking! 

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So I've been printing the Fat Dragon Games dungeon tile that I received back durimg one of the Bones KSs.  Finally got to paimting them all. 

Figured that I should start a topic to record what I end up doimg with them.  Here is the second batch that I painted drying.  I primed them with my air brush and black Stylnrez, followed by succesibe layers of medium and light gray craft paints.  I used a 1 inch trim brush for tje drybrushing.

• By Standifer
      This is a Cataphract mech by Reaper minis from Cav with added missile pods from a conquerer mech.
      Paints used: 
      Vallejo paints
      white surface primer
      Olive Green 
      Dark Brown
      Oily Steel,
      Gunmetal
      Testors paints,
      Gi. Red
      Flat steel
      Model Masters paints,
      Gun Metal,
      Burnt Iron
      Other colors
      Burnt Umber 
      and Black.
      Man! I didn’t realize I used that many colors on this thing!
      Enough about paint! Time for pictures!

I have enjoyed painting this up and even got to try something new. 
      Thankyou for looking and feel free to offer constructive critiques!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)