Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Mudcroak and friends.

These look great! I have painted 2 sets of these already and have another waiting in the giant box of unpainted things. They are just so fun and so many options in ways to paint them! Did you find the little puffer fish on Mudcroak? I like all of them but the way you painted the blue one really makes him pop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

These look great! I have painted 2 sets of these already and have another waiting in the giant box of unpainted things. They are just so fun and so many options in ways to paint them! Did you find the little puffer fish on Mudcroak? I like all of them but the way you painted the blue one really makes him pop.

I saw the puffer fish, but I really didn't know what to do with him.  

I would definitely paint several more of the warriors before I painted another mudcroak.  in fact I was thinking, I cant really use 3 frogs in a game, but if I had like 7 frogs....  but that way lies madness, and overspending my budget. 

As for patterns I just googled "blue frog", and picked the best pattern, then did the same for red.

the blue is layered up to copper verdigris.  Apparently now that I have used it on a rainbow dragon I use it on everything. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      Back when the Bones 4 Kickstarter was running, when the Giant Rhinoceros Beetle was revealed in the Fan Favorites set, someone posted this photo of a Frog riding a Beetle to the Enthusiasm Thread, and I knew it was a conversion I would eventually want to try.  I have an extensive Frog Army, and I wanted such a figure to be a Leader or Hero for my forces. 

I had the pieces I needed at hand; the Bones Black "Giant Rhinoceros Beetle", and my rider - for which i  had decided to use the Bones "Mudcroak" Squog figure.

As I looked at Mudcroak, I knew I would have to separate him from his base, but I knew there was no way I could remove all those little toes from the base without damaging them.  So, right off the bat I made the decision to just remove his feet along with the base, with the plan that I would then resculpted them with greenstuff directly onto the beetle's back once I had the frog glued in place.

Here's a test fit, with the frog held in place with blue-tac.

That's all for right now.

• By Kangaroorex
      Just a water frog peddling his water crop.  Agents of M.E.O.W. beware!

anyways, this mini just makes me smile.  Makes me think of a grippli from an old campaign.  I cant help but imagine that after saving the world, the tired frog put down roots and started peddling trinkets and goodies to the good people of the swamp.  I do like the way this came out, its simple but even the base just seemed to work.  hope you enjoy him too.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

RIbbit...

Kev!
    • By Venun
      Tried some cork on the base aswell, happy enough on the results, following bases were better though.

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted Bufo, the Frogman (or maybe he's supposed to be a Toadman) figure from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion.  I decided I'd paint him like a frog, and since most all of my frog figures are already painted like colorful tree frogs and poison dart frogs, I thought I'd continue that pattern and paint Bufo like a Red Eyed Monkey Tree Frog. I love how full of character this figure is, and had been looking forward to painting him since the Kickstrater ran.
      Painted for tabletop use.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)