• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Generic Fighter
      So, I'm working on a miniature for my Box of Many Things exchange partner, more commonly known as a "Thinger" among those long time participants. This happens on the Twitters and you can search for it by sticking one those hashtag/pound sign/number sign thingies in front of BoxofManyThings in the search thingy there. Basically, it is like a Secret Santa type thing for geeks and nerds that happens every couple months. Sign ups for the next one should start near the end of October, if you are interested.

Anywho, my "Thinger" is interested in, among other things, Medusas. So, since I'm kind of not up to much due to a severe lack of AC at my place, I've decided to try to distract myself from the fact I am alternating between melting and immolating at this time by making a custom mini and painting it. Also, attempt to chronicle it too.

GF
    • By Inarah
      My exchange partner this year was Fealron and one of the ideas suggested was a new enemy or villain to throw against his players.  I had this guy on hand and wondered if a giant werewolf would fit the bill: 

14030: Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha 

While I was painting that I came across these guys and they just begged to be henchmen: 

The one in the middle I believe is an old Grenadier, the others are clix. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch I did a little digging and discovered that Fealron has a set of DwarvenForge, so I felt compelled to paint these as a gift.  It's all molded from Hirst Arts molds (except the barrel mimic).  I hope they provide hours of fun play. 

• By Auberon
      My partner this time around was Clearman.  He requested a heroic character painted heroically, and nothing says heroic quite like the word "Hellknight."  Of course, I haven't actually played the adventure(s) that Pathfinder Hellknights appear in so maybe they are cuddly people.  We'll say she just finished up a heroic day of undead slaying.

Metals are TMM, which my camera hates, but I think I managed to get a few decent shots.  For something different I painted the base using pigments rather than hobby paints. I used the wet method of applying them and the color shift is huge, so I wasn't sure how they would come out until they dried.  Of course you can be intentionally sloppy because any pigments on the mini's boots just help "tie the figure to its base." I freehanded some wood grain onto the shaft of the weapon just to add some interest to the boring space.

• By Guildenstern
      Spoilered for my Exchange partner:

• By Inarah
      Any interest in a new round of trading cards? 

What is an artist trading card (ATC)? 
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_cards

Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. Artists create, trade and collect art at organized "swap" events, either in person or online. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5" x 3.5". Most swaps are open to any media, materials or techniques as long as the card fits into a standard trading card sleeve.

http://www.tinteddy.com/introduction-to-atcs-what-are-artist-trading-cards/

If I can get 6 or more people I will set up a round of 1-1 trades for forum members. Post here or PM me if you'd like to participate.  I am thinking of an Oct 1 start date and Dec 1 due (in the mail) date. 

• Who's Online   52 Members, 1 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)