Darcstaar

77299 BONES Female Anti Paladin

She was one of my favorites! I like your color choices and the drow skin tone made her stand out. The skin also looks so smooth. She's a beauty!

• Like 1

Thanks!

The skin was RMS Dusky Skin:Twilight Blue 3:1,

Then highlighted with successive drops of Maggot White.

This was then glazed with Royal Purple in the shadows.

I was quite pleased with the skin.

Her backside reveals quite a lot of skin, and I think it may have come out better than the front.  Once I get around to taking pictures again, I'll snap some of her reverse profile.

• Like 4

Thank you!

As for more pictures:

Yes and no.

The contest was for your one best picture, so I have 20 or so of different lighting, camera distance, flash, settings: but all basically this angle.  When I pull out the photo rig again, I'll take some different angles of her.

She is a MOST ATTRACTIVE member of the Forces of Unpleasantness. Your BEAUTIFUL array of vivid colors &  WONDERFUL brushwork have produced a dazzling creation. VERY WELL DONE!

great job :) , congradulations on the win

Edited by Tjrez

Thank you for the praise.

@Tjrez That is the integral base which is part of the mini.  I tried to give it a worn stone look, but with an attempt at light coming from between the stones.

@Kuro Cleanbrush coming from one who is so good at vivid nmm, this is humbling.

For anyone interested:

The copper recipe: brown liner, mahogany brown, tarnished copper, new copper, linen white, and pure white.  Each layer progression went by 1/3.

I glazed in tarnished copper when things got too chalky.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Not as happy with Candy as I was with Sugar, but she was fun to paint. She does have pupils in her eyes, honest.

I've just noticed a strip of white on the top of her left thigh. Great.

• By HolkDiggity
      I've been trying to do a bit of painting every day, since RCon is coming up so soon. I have a problem with long-term projects, though, so I need to occasionally work on something quick and sweet in between. Sometimes I need to finish something to keep me motivated, you know? Tonight's lucky candidate was this bear, whom I love. His name is Randall and he likes standing in fields.

Anyhow, enjoy!

• By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150

• By Cyradis
      The pictures suck but eh, whatever. I'll see about getting better ones when it is done.

This is a "sorry I was a dick to your character" figure because I'm about to be a dick to this player's character. But I'm running a necromancy campaign and he's a priest of death who is scared of dying, and the villains are known to kidnap people who might be useful... too tempting of a backstory to mess with and the player is cool with character deaths. Heh. 

Anyway. Aside from that the character is Super Magicky and has an Aussie magpie as a familiar (making the bird a PITA to paint). 

The figure is the Stephanie Law Male Mage by Dark Sword, and the crow on a rock from the kickstarter. I clipped the staff off the mage, and glued the hand into place facing downward. After removing the bird from the rock, I attached it with much frustration, glue, and greenstuff. I also yanked it off the base and put it on this one from either MicroArtStudio or Secret Weapon (forgot which). 

The character wears black and gray and red and has black hair. And a black and white bird. Great. And he's pale. 

OSL: magic on ground from below - red. Magic in hand - teal. Moonlight from above - white with wee bit of blue. 

Almost done, not quite. Don't tell my IRL friends! No spoilers!

• By planetmut
      This is my third(!) attempt to paint Sugar. She almost ended up back in a bowl of Simple Green but this time I persevered. Her eyes aren't perfect but I'm happy with the way she came out — although not 100% sure about her hair — and I'm getting better at painting white. The sad-looking teddy is from the City Scenics Back Alley Accessories set by TTCombat.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)