Highlight the robe like you would normally, and make sure you get down to black in the shadows... Then either do a thin dark brown glaze over it or dump a dark brown wash over it (glaze would be better, but probably harder to do). The glaze/wash won't change the color of the darker parts all that much, but it will shift the lighter stuff a bit toward brown, which will read as fading and dirt, especially if it's slightly uneven.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• By Citrine
      This is the last mini finished in December 2020, mini number 79 of the year.  I hit 97 mini if I count large minis as 2 each.  Not too shabby, my goal was to finish 50.

So this mini is the Female Halfling II from the Julie Guthrie series 2 from Grenadier (SKU 8145).  She is the smallest mini I have painted in a long time, so I am super happy with her face.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's a nightmarish model I completed last night. Dark Heaven Legends 02896, Aserlis the Liche King was sculpted by Werner Klocke. All painted with Reaper MSP paint.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After seeing @Kangaroorex Grenadier 9601, Black Dragon, I decided it was time for me to salvage mine from the shelf of shame. Thanks for the motivation Kangaroorex. This model was sculpted by William Watt in 1988. Unfortunately, the one I bought some years ago had a few battle scars. It has a broken horn and a broken wing claw. Its main tail stinger and tongue were also broken. As a reference, the base is 75mm wide.

• By MoonglowMinis
      It's nearly Halloween.  What's spookier than the most infamous meat-grinder dungeon?  
      Personally I think it's an awful module, but we had some fun running 30 kobolds through it ala Kobold Meat Grinder.  But opinions aside, I do like the imagery of the classic crawl.  So here's a few minis to help populate the dungeon.

More Photos and Thoughts below the Spoiler

That's all from this set.  I felt very inspired by the look of this classic artwork so I figured I'd share it with you here:

I'm not sure where it first appeared or who made it, but if you know feel free to share!

What kind of art has inspired your mini painting?  Feel free to share the inspiration and the results!
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)