SamuraiJack

Time of Legends: Joan of Arc

pledged the $65, to just get the dragon. wish the game was 32mm scale and the dragon was still THAT much bigger than everything :P NEED...BIGGER...MONSTERS :P

it will still be nice though - 22 inch wingspan.  Will sell or give away the rest of the stuff it comes with.

Sanjay

• Like 3

I might buy the dragon itself or maybe the Devil or maybe both.  I really like both of the sculpts but not much interested in the game. 

• Like 1

On Beasts of War, these guys were showing off a rather large castle/city wall.  I'm kind of interested in how that would work with a 10mm LotR project I'm planning out.

The dragon is nice but I already have several unpainted Bones dragons.  I have to say that I find the scale of some of this stuff a bit strange when compared to the play area of the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I might buy the dragon itself or maybe the Devil or maybe both.  I really like both of the sculpts but not much interested in the game. 

same. I like the dragon, the sculpt design looks nice. Kind of wish i could get it by itself though, without all the extra stuff

• Like 3

Ok they got me for $1 right now.  I just love the dragon so much!  The picture of the guy holding it is crazy!  The archangel is kind of cool too.  I hoping since he is an angel that he might be a little larger than the infantry, those guys are small.

Does anyone know much about this companies sculpting abilities?  Materials? Do they put out nice figures?  I worry about a lot of mold lines and a lot of gap filling. Do they have a good KS history?

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Ok they got me for $1 right now.  I just love the dragon so much!  The picture of the guy holding it is crazy!  The archangel is kind of cool too.  I hoping since he is an angel that he might be a little larger than the infantry, those guys are small.

Does anyone know much about this companies sculpting abilities?  Materials? Do they put out nice figures?  I worry about a lot of mold lines and a lot of gap filling. Do they have a good KS history?

Oh that pic! It's such a biiig dragon!

Hard. To. Resist.

Yeah. I'm a bit concerned over what the final production quality and material for that mini will be.

• Like 1

Conan is about it. They had some criticism about the models looking soft, but that was from the translucency of the model. Haven't read any other criticisms, and nothing stood out when I gave an initial look at my models.

Mythic hasn't put out a miniature as large as the dragon before. The dragon's wings are the only assembly. Miniatures are otherwise pre-assembled.

I've only painted *one* of my Bones dragons, and it sure wasn't Dragons Don't Share! Probably skipping JoA, but the KS is fun to watch...

• Like 1

Monolith did Conan. I think it's the same factory though. Monolith and Mythic did the Mythic Battles: Pantheon which is still on the boat to the hubs. Latest MB:P update shows a few minis and they look pretty good. I have no doubt Joan of Arc minis will be good quality and paint worthy even for plastic. I think I paid $90 for War of the Ring 2dn ed. and that had 176 or so minis in it of "decently ok" quality. This game has a lot more, far better looking ones, so I'm very into it from a wargaming perspective. As far as I know from what they've told us is what we're seeing out there in vids and such are the pre-production models.

• Like 1

Only just got around to watching the kickstarter video.

::o:

Holy carp have production values for these videos ever gone up from kickstarters early days.

I'm surprised project creators aren't already having kickstarters to raise funds for their kickstarter videos.

• Like 5