SamuraiJack

Time of Legends: Joan of Arc

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Decided to cancel my pledge

I like the dragon, but $65 for one dragon is a bit much when i can just go buy bones dragons instead

I certainly don't want to talk you out of buying more Bones dragons, but if the Time of Legends production dragons look as good as the one in the pics they're showing off then $65 U.S. is a steal.

• Like 1

Storage, display, and material also come into play on it

that thing is going to be big, I am unsure of the plastic it is made of and I am overal not feeling like dropping $65 on a single ‘mini’ when I could turn that towards bones 3 minis I am missing and get more for my money

i do like that dragon, it would be a blast to paint, but at this point in time I have to manage my dwindling spending money and $65 is a big chunk to drop on a single mini

• Like 2

I was really questioning getting the dragon as I had my budget planned out so that I can get everything I wanted from Bones 4 and this would have caused me to cut some things out.  Fortunately I was able to get back to selling my collection of Deadpool comics on eBay and was able to make more than enough to cover the dragon!  

I still have a few things up for sale and am hoping that I can make enough to get the Devil too.

@Sirithiliel makes a good point about display but I think I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it.  Little worried about material and overall sculpt but I think I'm going to take the gamble. Figure I can probably sell it if I don't like it and can get my money back but I would kick myself forever if I didn't jump on this piece at this price.  

I'm buying the game in order to teach history to my daughter when the time comes. The fact that there's  some fantasy elements and cool minis with it is just a bonus.

• Like 1

That's what I like about it too dwarvenranger. They've said the Legendary Battles add-on will have scenarios of historical battles based on the actual 100 Years War battles that took place. Of course, since it's a game, some of these battles may play out differently than the battle it reenacts. I've heard rumor that a medieval europe poster map will be made available in the PM if they can. Might be possible to play out a campaign of english vs french and track your battles across europe and england. Ending in a huge apocalyptical battle where they have to team up against a rising threat of hell itself...

• Like 1

Decided that I'm out.  The core game is great value, but I doubt I'll get to play very much and since I still have something like 10 other board games still coming I think I can afford to miss this one.  The dragon is very tempting, but I already have something like 50 other dragons to assemble and paint at some point.

• Like 2

Since I have ZERO dragons I think I am still getting this guy!

Have they said how long the PM will stay open or how long we have to add funds?

• Like 1

Word is it opens in January and will probably stay open for a month, maybe 2, nothing firm on that though. The way most PMs are going now, they all seem to tack on a bit of extra time because for some reason there's always a few straglers that haven't confirmed their orders.

Rules also confirmed for Sunday.

• Like 1

The latest unlocked stretch goal is a 78mm tall griffin:

75fe0c9d1970be69279a7d7c2c921877_origina

A little larger than griffins are normally, but that would make it a good size for a 28mm d&d version. Also, the wings are apparently placeholders, the sculptor stopped working on the griffin to work on the redesigned beast.

This is entering the last week. And while the pledge manager will be open afterwards, they do have something called the super exclusive, the awesome looking Gog and Magog minis. They will only be added to people who back the $120 maiden pledge during the live campaign. You can apparently add a maiden pledge in the pledge manager later, but it won't get the giants.

d2f5cbef7d4bd55c430cfc852f7ae84a_origina

7290d7a1521ae887a8ca72d46b753330_origina

b21ef3662ba30735e8a4a3f3fb5cece4_origina

And finally, what $120 gets you currently:

3994ec1550035d8d994e6e95c4e9dd96_origina

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/019/042/429/abe6115e6d320b0edd9e10d9daf71a5b_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1509668770&auto=format&q=92&s=b715138235bb22af4b53566f2b2d10e6

Dang it.  I didn't stop to consider that I could take a few months to save up beyond the base pledge.  Stop tempting me with the wall of stuff!

• Like 1

That is a lot of cool looking stuff, and Mythic Battles is lining up to be delivered on time...But what would I do with all the things, and where would I put them?  But it's only $120, plus shipping, so about $150....Humm

There are two things that are stoping me from getting the dragon. I  don't like the sculpt of how the wings connect to the torso, I feel like the muscles there should have been thicker. The other is the price, which is cheap for that size of figure (but bones 4, I can get 3 Argents).

• Like 1