Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGuard

01603 - Reaper Miniatures 25th Anniversary, Hecklemeyer & Styx

That is a cool mini that your SPLENDID work with palette & brush only made EVEN COOLER...nice base as well. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Great painting and great theme song :poke:

Thanks!

I'm guessing you're of an age that recognises which song Hecklemeyer has plagerised here? :poke: Finding rhyming words wasn't too hard but keeping them in context was - took me ages!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheOldGuard said:

Thanks!

I'm guessing you're of an age that recognises which song Hecklemeyer has plagerised here? :poke: Finding rhyming words wasn't too hard but keeping them in context was - took me ages!

You did good with the rhyming. I am primarily a country & western fan, but find myself listening to classic rock more than any of the excrement played on the radio these days. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Otyugh
      My Reaper habit started with a Friday night gaming session...

"Tom felt a breeze wafting up from the chamber beyond. For some reason the air was hot and heavy, even though he was walking along a passage deep in an abandoned mine."

"Ummmm. Sorry, but we have to stop here today." I did not have a dragon mini to use to harrass Tom. A salt shaker just does not have the same drama as slapping the correct monster mini down on the table. I also could not handle everyone laughing at my poor (ugly mishapen) solder dragon.

Time to take a trip to the old Lone Star Comics and see if they had a Dragon that I could afford.

As usual, walking into Lone Star was like entering Alladin's cave of treasures. Real Partha, Grenadier, Rafm, and more distinctively sparkled, beckoning, despite the cost. A Dragon was too far out of reach.

Back along the wall, there was something new. There were affordable minis on the back wall!

I was able to score a package of villagers, some weapons sprues, and a real Dragon mini.

Tom was promptly roasted to a medium rare, and eaten by the freshly painted red Dragon the next friday.

Don't laugh too hard, but this is the solder dragon in question. It is amazing what can be made with a soldering iron, a little flux, a bit of solder and a ton of patience. It did in a pinch, but was retired after the Reaper dragon made its appearance.

• By HolkDiggity
      One step closer to having the full Dungeon Dwellers set finished! I tried a lot of different stuff here, most for the first time! Such as...
      -Full NMM armor
      -Freehand on cloak
      -Painted highlights on liquid
      -A unique gem in the shield (Watermelon Tourmaline)
      -A tiny bit of OSL on the eyes

• By Ben_Phobos
      Hi everybody! 

Let me show you my first tries at painting miniatures:

I went heavy with the dark wash but it was on purpose in order to have an  effect "out of dirt".

Don't hesitate if you have any comments or tips!

• By Shadespyre
      The biggest model I've ever painted, I worked on it in sections and then assembled it onto the base when finished. I made very minor modifications to Kalarax herself, mostly inserting a lot of brass rods to support joints, and using hot water to bend the tail around onto the base (which is 25 cm square!) There was a lot more work on the base, using rocks, grit and sand to meld the Bones "ruined temple" into a larger scene with common elements from my Vampire army (see sig below)

You may know the story of why the model is so big - apparently a communications error meant that it is twice the size it was ever meant to be? Because of this, I removed odd-sized base details like huge skulls and dinner plate coins and replaced them with "in-scale" objects like dozens and dozens of resin skulls as seen in the close up.

My "huge bony miniature" recipe is:
      One can of Army Painter Undead Bone spray paint
      A big pot of GW Agrax Earthshade (or similar brown wash)
      A pot of Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull
      A large flat drybrush

Let the model to the work! You can also use this to paint large numbers of smaller skeletons, of course.
    • By golldan
      My version of the Skeletal Monsters from Bones 4. Used Spodi's recipe, but likely with a bit more Ivory for last layer, and Reaper Aged Bone for middle layers.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)