TheOldGuard

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks All!

16 hours ago, InvisibleThumb said:

That looks fantastic!  Mind sharing which metallics you used?  They really work for this model.

16 hours ago, Solauren said:

stunning miniature! I also would love to know what paints you used. 

14 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

It's absolutely beautiful! I like the subtle contrast between the spikes and the metallic scales. The deep sea green of the wings and the base are amazing too.

Sure, I used all Citadel paints:

WIngs

Basecoat of Incubi Darkness followed by a wash of Coelia Greenshade. I then carefully drybrushed Kabalite Green on making sure it didn't look too dusty then I used Sybarite Green to add some lighter highlights to the edges, "fingers" & "knuckles". Finally, I added a small amount of Screaming Skull to the Sybarite Green & used it for the final highlights on the wing tips, extreme edges & the "knuckles".

Main Body

Basecoat of Balthasar Gold followed by a over-paint of Sycorax Bronze. I then applied a wash of Agrax Earthshade. Finally a drybrush of Sycorax Bronze was applied to tidy things up & make the edges a bit sharper.

To add some extra interest to the main body I gave an extra highlight of Runefang Steel to the horns, claws, teeth & selective scales/spikey bits I followed this with a 50/50 glaze mix of Guilliman Blue/Waywatcher Green thinned down with some acrylic medium.

Belly Scales

The neck to tail belly area is slightly different to the main body & was painted using a basecoat of Balthasar Gold with an overpaint of Gehenna's Gold followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade. I then tidied it up with a careful drybrush of Gehenna's Gold.

Stone Blocks

I started with a black basecoat followed by a "wettish" drybrush using Steel Legion Drab. for the highlights I used Tallarn Sand followed by an edge highlight of Karak Stone.

Hope this is useful to you! ::):

• Like 3