Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGuard

77565 Kyphrixis, Bronze Dragon - Bones 3

Wow.  Looks great.

2 hours ago, BLZeebub said:

Great eyes and everything.  I especially like the verdigris-colored wings to match the bronze!

I'd missed that color connection at first, but that makes it look even better now!

• Like 1

It's absolutely beautiful! I like the subtle contrast between the spikes and the metallic scales. The deep sea green of the wings and the base are amazing too.

• Like 1

Thanks All!

16 hours ago, InvisibleThumb said:

That looks fantastic!  Mind sharing which metallics you used?  They really work for this model.

16 hours ago, Solauren said:

stunning miniature! I also would love to know what paints you used. 

14 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

It's absolutely beautiful! I like the subtle contrast between the spikes and the metallic scales. The deep sea green of the wings and the base are amazing too.

Sure, I used all Citadel paints:

WIngs

Basecoat of Incubi Darkness followed by a wash of Coelia Greenshade. I then carefully drybrushed Kabalite Green on making sure it didn't look too dusty then I used Sybarite Green to add some lighter highlights to the edges, "fingers" & "knuckles". Finally, I added a small amount of Screaming Skull to the Sybarite Green & used it for the final highlights on the wing tips, extreme edges & the "knuckles".

Main Body

Basecoat of Balthasar Gold followed by a over-paint of Sycorax Bronze. I then applied a wash of Agrax Earthshade. Finally a drybrush of Sycorax Bronze was applied to tidy things up & make the edges a bit sharper.

To add some extra interest to the main body I gave an extra highlight of Runefang Steel to the horns, claws, teeth & selective scales/spikey bits I followed this with a 50/50 glaze mix of Guilliman Blue/Waywatcher Green thinned down with some acrylic medium.

Belly Scales

The neck to tail belly area is slightly different to the main body & was painted using a basecoat of Balthasar Gold with an overpaint of Gehenna's Gold followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade. I then tidied it up with a careful drybrush of Gehenna's Gold.

Stone Blocks

I started with a black basecoat followed by a "wettish" drybrush using Steel Legion Drab. for the highlights I used Tallarn Sand followed by an edge highlight of Karak Stone.

Hope this is useful to you! ::):

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this