• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello, all!

I'm planning to paint Ma'al Drakar as Dungeons & Dragons' Dark Lady, Tiamat.

She's going to be, by far, my biggest painting project. Before I start painting, I'm planning some conversions to make her look more like D&D's Chromatic Dragon.

I'd love to get any advice or tips that anyone would like to share about painting large models, or any of the other parts of the process. I'll share my plans, and try to keep up a WIP thread about this grand adventure.

My first step is going to be pretty drastic, so if anyone wants to jump in with advice, please do.

I have WotC's Gargantuan Black Dragon. The forward-sweeping horns are so iconic, my Tiamat's black dragon head (Ma'al's lower right head) should have horns like that. The Gargantuan Black's a perfect scale to use for Tiamat's horns. I'm actually planning to carefully cut the horns off the black dragon, make a 2-part mold, cast a set of horns for Tiamat, and reattach the horns back on the black dragon.

Am I out of my mind? Does any one see potential problems with this plan, other than the usual challenges of casting minis, etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice, feedback, and encouragement! 
    • By Rainbow Sculptor
      Hey everyone! It's been a long while since I could post on here, I've been really busy with work. I've started a new commission piece from a client I won't name just yet but whom has given me permission to share my sketches/WIPs/ and sculpting process with you guys! 

The project is to sculpt several nereids/sirens/water nymph type characters. One full body and at least two others partially submerged. They should be gorgeous and make men want to leap to their deaths so I'm avoiding any monstrous type features. Although we want them to be mostly humanoid I will be adding in some little features to indicate their magical/watery/fey nature. 

Here are my initial sketches where I'm exploring posing, body types, and the kind of shape language I will want to use in the sculpts. My drawing hand was failing me today so these are REALLY rough but I got my ideas down and I'll have enough to move to the next stage which will be creating a mannequin in ZBrush.  

*Apologies for the more sexual images. These aren't intended to be offensive in any way merely educational on the topic of character design*

• By Bane Of Humanity
      The dragonborn hero from Wrath of Ashardalon board game

• By Bane Of Humanity
      The Red Dragon from Wrath of Ashardalon Dungeons and Dragons board game.
      I thought I would practice doing a red dragon before I tackle T'Ruakzul or whatever his name is anyway here are some pics.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so finished this one a few days ago and he's been sent to his final home, a commission figure I was asked to do.  The figure itself is pretty neat, I'd never painted any Rackham figures before so it was something fun and different.  I think I can see a bit the joy of commissions for other people because you never know what you are going to receive. Anyhow, here he is, hope you enjoy him!

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)