7th Continent - Co-Op Board Game

kacey3

Sad to say I have decided not to host Fiasco this year. Instead, I'll have 7th Continent by Serious Poulp. It's a drop in/drop out co-op adventure game that harkens back to the days of Choose Your Own Adventure. I've been kind of addicted lately, and since the games can run several hours, but allow players to join and leave at will, it felt like the perfect game for ReaperCon.

See you there!

Incidentally, part of the reason I am bringing 7th Continent is to hype their current Kickstarter, which may be the last time the game is ever available. But I learned today that the KS ends in two days. So if my description sounded interesting, you might want to check out the KS link (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77317-7th-continent-co-op-board-game/)

• Like 5

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is an advanced Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style game. We've determined that meta-gaming might actually be required to win. You have a huge economy of action in the game, so any wasted activities pretty much guarantee defeat. Knowing that going to "that end" of the island is pointless can save you several actions in the end.

But the developers have announced that after this KS run, it may not be available again because the production cost is astronomical. Currently they are scheduled to print several million cards for the next printing.

I bought it because it has both drop-in/drop-out and save/load mechanics. You can literally play it for a short while with a group of people, save the game, and start again later with a different group of people.

• Like 1