knarthex

Demogorgon From Fractured Dimensions, My after ReaperCon project

So everything is packed for tomorrow...

and I had nothing better to do....

So I started a new project for when I get home....

Great_Beast_large.jpg?v=1462473904

he is 14 parts of bad, and I am cleaning mold lines, and pinning stuff together...

His torso is resin, everything else is metal...

(so it aint crap...)

mold lines are small, but pinning is being interesting.....

Going to use, I think, a Secret Weapon 'Skull Field' style base....

He's about 5" tall to the top of his head......

Maybe semi assembled pics later....

G

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 22

after priming, inspecting mold lines and putty work, re doing some of it, and re priming...

001.thumb.JPG.315237ca8fb24ca9d30c7d764d6d4a0e.JPG

002.thumb.JPG.c0dc93e4d5a0f4410a228a4a305fa958.JPG

003.thumb.JPG.f2846081bfbe88424c0032b42817bd0c.JPG

004.thumb.JPG.d92e2ce6ed50ea6b7cdd0de2f10851bd.JPG

005.thumb.JPG.42e802d9bcfd7421163d6a459c8d2a11.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.c77e1f3f215b55f4d03e02ffe7fdd342.JPG

007.thumb.JPG.fe1e3eca4d24a2b0cdb80723ef9aa4bf.JPG

If you look at the back of his right head, the mane has a gap in it... If you look at the left head, the mane is smooth with no gap...

I started closing the gap, as there was a gap there from assembly, and if folks think I should close the gap...

thanks for looking....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 22

I know you have it pinned to corks at the moment, do you worry about the weight/center of gravity? I've no experience with a resin/metal combination figure and I'm curious about how you would handle tipping.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I know you have it pinned to corks at the moment, do you worry about the weight/center of gravity? I've no experience with a resin/metal combination figure and I'm curious about how you would handle tipping.

I'd assumed he was doing the standard 15%...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

He will have a pretty big base...

Pretty much my first time with a humanoid combo mini...

3 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

I'd assumed he was doing the standard 15%...

Not sure what you mean. ...

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      Bravo 66 to all elements this net,

The Drow returns!

So after a long hiatus, and battle with personal problems, I have picked up my brushes, Sable and Air, again...

Starting off with something rather simple, an armored task force for the Game Team Yankee, a WW III TABLETOP game(in 15mm scale), that if the war scenario in the game, and book by the same title, the members fighting in that fictional war would have included yours truly, as I was an M1 Abrams tank crewman in Germany on August 4, 1985...

So the first group is of afore mentioned M1s, after assembly and priming, they were base coated with Tamiya XF-67 NATO Green, using my Grex Genesis airbrush.
      Next was to add the Black part of the NATO 3 color camouflage. This was done with my Iwata HP-SB Plus.

The tracks and road wheel rims were then done with Vallejo German Black, and the end connectors on the tracks with a mix of GW Boltgun metal, and Secret Weapon Brown and Orange rusts. This was done with a Ro&Co size 2 brush.
      (thanks to all those that turned me on to Ro&Co!)

Sorry for the blurry turret pics, but the gun threw things off, and I haven't done this for over a year...

Not much but it is a new start...

I did a complete force for a friend in 2016, the WIP can be found here

Thanks for looking! 
      George
    • By golldan
      The unpainted mini from the D&D Stranger Things Beginner set. The one they give you is more tan/taupe, and in the series it seems to be, but I went more green/olive.

• By Adrift
      My take on an iconic DND demon prince as sculpted by Paul Muller for the Fractured Dimensions line.

Paul resurfaced here recently to show off some of his new sculpting, and I pulled this fella off my shelf of shame to paint him up. 

• By knarthex
      So as a lot of folks around these here electronic parts know, I have barely hobbied since ReaperCon, due to brain weasel infestation...
      So for the past few days, I have tried to ease my way back in by working on 'risers' for my display case...
      These are chunks of blue insulation foam, cut to fit on my table saw (what a mess it makes!)
      Then sprayed Grey with Stynylrez primer through my airbrush.

Overall case:

Started life as the 'wings' of an entertainment center, and I added the LED lights scavenged from work...
      Left side is still in progress... (Top to bottom)

A lonely DDS2
      a bare section that I sprayed the foam for tonight (The ex suggested that I put figures with a special value to me in it, old characters and such, likely, exchanges and gifts will end up in there as well, and the first 25mm mini that I ever painted. Rest will be underground critters and whatever else I can cram in there to get them off my bookcases....)
      Frostgrave terrain and warbands...

Right side:

Top is Demons and devils, Undead and pillars, and some of my medal wining Reapercon stuff
      Middle is some bigger things...
      Bottom is Giants and wilderness type critters....

Thanks for taking a peek!
      G
    • By knarthex
      An Australian documentary about the Bristol Beaufighter serving in the South West Pacific during WWII...

Interesting for an American to see something like this, as most documentaries I see are either American, or British....

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)