Sign in to follow this  
Tricksay

01534 Patch -Feeling Fall Miniature

Thanks for all the kind comments. He was a incredibly fun Miniature to paint up.

the burlap texture was the first time, but basically, I based in ivory, then shaded with very watered down brown liner. Then carefully applied thinned out brown liner & russet, to apply the cross hatched areas. Using the ivory with a little blond hilight added to clean up or correct anything too thick. 

Last steps was to do some glazes of the russet, brown liner into shadow areas and then a hilight glaze of the blond hilight on the high points (like his little itty bitty nose). A huge amount of going back and forth on all the steps, till I was like, ok done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      I've been painting up a lot of Starcadia Quest.

It only seems fitting to start out with the Star Wars characters. For most of my Starcadia Quest, I went with a Borderlands style- with lots of black lining against bright colors and even black hard edging to create that Borderlandish look. I plan to convert a few Starcadians into Borderlands characters as well.
      Also, it just seemed right to start out with the Star Wars inspired characters.

• By DocPiske
      I know, I know, 2020 is scary enough, but here are some spooky miniatures.

First up, Fritz!

Scooby-dooby-doo, where are you?

I like how the blue edging came out on this one.

To be continued...

• By CaptainPete
      Since I suggested it, I guess I'll do it...
      Here's a thread to discuss what horror movies, books, shows, comics, and etc that you're looking forward to watching during the holiday.
      I'm actually thinking about doing a Scooby-Doo movie marathon:
      Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
      Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
      Scooby-Doo Meets KISS: A Magical Mystery (yes, this movie exists)
      Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost

What about the rest of you?

• By odinsgrandson
      Evil has many faces, even when it is kind of cute. Here are some of the generals working under the Dark Consul. They represent the highest caliber of evil in Super Dungeon Explore. This is a set of bosses for Super Dungeon Explore that I painted for a client.

• By SamuraiJack
      Live:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united/description

Blowing through stretch goals as you would expect

Story
      It’s time to become the Heroes you were always meant to be! Designed by Eric M. Lang and Andrea Chiarvesio, Marvel United is a fast-paced cooperative game where players take control of Marvel Super Heroes and band together to thwart the master plans of the most dangerous Villains in the universe. With an all-new visual take by Edouard Guiton, brought to life in fantastic sculpts, Marvel United will challenge you and your friends. Only by standing united will you have any chance of victory!  
       PLAY      
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)