ReaperCon 2017 pictures

4 minutes ago, Wren said:

My husband had his mind blown by the fact that Taco Bell in Canada serves fries. (At least they did 15 years ago when he visited me in Toronto, I'd be surprised if they still didn't.)

El Fenix chips are crack level awesome. I don't even really like corn chips that much, but I'll eat theirs whenever given the opportunity. That texture is just what I love.

I vaguely remember Taco Bell having fries.... with different powder flavour packets? I think that was a short-lived thing down here and was probably the early 90's.

• Like 3
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

Ancient local secret: Assuming Rcon is held at the same venue next year, there's a really good tex-mex place called Ojeda's just a mile or so straight south of the con. Try the flan.

If their flan isn't up to Cuban standards.....I will personally hold you accountable for getting my hopes up.

• Like 4

I'm fine with where we were, but I'm also hoping we are trying out a shiny new place NW of the PEC next year!  

And allows me to make the Reaper Tour.  I almost made it this year.  I was talking with the bus driver (before the breakdown), then she had to back up the bus because a handicap truck was trying to leave.  Next thing I know the door is closing and the bus is driving away... missed it by THAT much!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

I'm fine with where we were, but I'm also hoping we are trying out a shiny new place NW of the PEC next year!  

And allows me to make the Reaper Tour.  I almost made it this year.  I was talking with the bus driver (before the breakdown), then she had to back up the bus because a handicap truck was trying to leave.  Next thing I know the door is closing and the bus is driving away... missed it by THAT much!

Your shuttle encounter is worse then mine. Last year (2016) I missed a afternoon one by 5 to 10 mins!! First time I didn't make it to the factory during ReaperCon. So glad I made it back this year! Just not ReaperCon without stopping at Reaper!

• Like 4
15 hours ago, GreyHorde said:

Next year, I'm skipping the shuttle and going by car.  I need more than 15 minutes between tour ending and shuttle leaving.

I empathize.  This year I learned, to my dismay, that you really have to pay attention to the schedule.  There are vendors who have a few dollars less because I had no time before the first morning class or after the last afternoon class to shop with seriousness.

Next year my time will be planned like the Normandy landings.

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Highlander said:

I empathize.  This year I learned, to my dismay, that you really have to pay attention to the schedule.  There are vendors who have a few dollars less because I had no time before the first morning class or after the last afternoon class to shop with seriousness.

Next year my time will be planned like the Normandy landings.

I, too, will be working on Operation Overspend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Forgot to post this up, but it's my 2017 ReaperCon Review video (behind the spoilers). Show off the swag first, then talk about things. And I think I confused Sophie Says and Survival Speed Paint. It was late, I can't remember. Both watching the event, and recording the video.

• Like 7
On 10/30/2017 at 10:25 AM, Guindyloo said:

I vaguely remember Taco Bell having fries.... with different powder flavour packets? I think that was a short-lived thing down here and was probably the early 90's.

Del Taco has fries, and their Mexican's about on a par with Taco Bell, really...

Sigh. NEXT year, I'm showin' up for the whole extravaganza, durnit. I didn't show until Friday morning, and it's irritating on how much I missed out on.

• Like 10
10 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Del Taco has fries, and their Mexican's about on a par with Taco Bell, really...

Sigh. NEXT year, I'm showin' up for the whole extravaganza, durnit. I didn't show until Friday morning, and it's irritating on how much I missed out on.

We could all use more Bedlam. ::D:

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Think of all the hatnanigans we could have got up to while I still had high energy and had only just started to hallucinate! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3