Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Gungor, Half-Orc Monk 02926

This is the first metal fig that I have painted, just finished him up over my lunch break!  I wasn't planning on doing a "Hulk" theme, I was just messing around with colors that I liked and wound up with the green and purple.  It ended up looking pretty sharp so I kept It!  I couldn't find my earthshade wash, so I went with sepia. I might go back a redo it some day, but for now I'll keep it. Sorry about all of the background noise in the pic, I was in a bit of a rush but still wanted to share. Critiques and advice are always appreciated!  Thanks!

20171019_131611.jpg

20171019_131506.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
  • Like 20

I typically thin the paint out a little bit, depending on the paint and the fig.  For this one, I thinned the green out quite a bit, as my green is super thick for some reason. I think it was about 1:1, but I did a few layers to get it even.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      Painting this guy up for ex's husband for their new campaign...
      Again, nothing much yet, but gotta keep track of colors....

He's been sitting on the shelf of shame for a while, and the skin was done with GW Tanned flash, but I am going over that with SC 75 Arabic Shadow..

eyes had been done at some point, so exact colors unknown...

check back another time to see progress....

G
    • By Citrine
      Another delightful sculpt from Oathsworn Sensible Shoes line, the Tabaxi Monk/Mage/Bard (SS38).  Had some trouble settling on the color scheme, so she sat half painted for quite a while.

• By nevereavymetal
      Hello all, I have painted the Bones Black Jade Fire Champion. I went more vibrant than grim for her as an orc and also interpreted her dagger as being in a sheathe until I realized that it probably wasn't, given her stone axe, but oh well. 

• By boldfont
      I totally haven’t looked up this character’s name. He’s great. He’s an orc. Bones 4. Blah blah blah. 

Anyways, I stopped painting orc-face mc-Orc doodle the orc prematurely out of painting fatigue. I had lots of other shiny new bones to paint. It’s a great sculpt and he deserves respect though. 

So let’s try this! If you’ve got improvements to suggest I’ll implement them and post a new picture. It could be fun and you’ll motivate a fellow nerd to “brush up” and turn a decent job into a great job - which is one place I could use encouragement. You can of course call it done anytime you like, but sometimes you know the figure needs more. This will be a fun exercise.

• By Lidless Eye
      Thanks to a friend's encouragement I finished my Orctober project just in time.  
      It may only be one lonely Shaman but he still counts!

Technically also my first Bones V miniature painted since he was one of the monthly preview promos.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)