So, Hi there, first post, there might be an introduction sub forum that I missed. I'm Relatively new to mini painting, I've painted Blood Rage, and some Pathfinder Bones, and some other stuff. At the moment, I'm working on Fireteam Zero, from Emergent games. Amazing game, btw. I am working on the Infested faction at the moment and I have 1 finished, and 2 with the torso; I think; finished, and 3 more basecoated with some rough highlights. So I would like some input, feedback, criticism, whatever, for things to do different on the next 5 minis.

Color scheme for torso is basecoating green, red for intestines and parasite, drybrush light green, wash dark green (or dark purple, done one of each so far), then blend in some decayed skin with yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, and black. Tell me if I'm doing this in a feasible order, this is the first time I'm asking for feedback from someone who is not a friend.

The first 2 pics are with just the base green, highlights and purple wash. The second 2 have the decayed skin blending. I have larger pics if the res on these is too small, I wasn't sure if the 150k limit was still in effect.

Any help/criticism is appreciated!

P.S. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE SWORDS AND THE PANTS. (WIP)

stage 1 frontsm.jpg

stage 1 backsm.jpg

stage 2 backsm.jpg

stage 2 frontsm.jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
Correction
  • Like 10

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

Theres no subforum for new folks, so just keep on posting.

Upper bodies look good so far although I would say they appear a bit too colourful with the greens reds yellow and what appears to be purple.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

Theres no subforum for new folks, so just keep on posting.

Upper bodies look good so far although I would say they appear a bit too colourful with the greens reds yellow and what appears to be purple.

Thanks! Yeah I thought they might be a little too colorful, I was going for bruised/decaying flesh, which has a fair amount of colors but I think the purple was a little too much. What would you suggest different?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThirstyBob said:

Thanks! Yeah I thought they might be a little too colorful, I was going for bruised/decaying flesh, which has a fair amount of colors but I think the purple was a little too much. What would you suggest different?

Just my own preference, and you might want to go in another direction, but if it were me I'd lose the yellow and go lighter with the green.

• Like 2

Allright, thanks for the quick reply and feedback! I'm pretty happy with the torso on this one as is, the purple is a little bit blotchy but I'm going to leave it and do different stuff on others. I'll try the lighter green instead of yellow on one of the others.

• Like 2

I'll be watching for how yours turn out as I have assorted scifi "infected" minis from Sedition Wars as well as from Mantic that I still have to decide on colour schemes for,

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

I really like the effect you have on the flesh. I can't really say if it fits or not without first seeing how you paint the rest of the figure.

Thanks man, appreciate it! I'm trying to do a camo pattern on the pants and rusty blades for the knives. then some mud maybe rocks for the base.

While I work on that, here's the first one of the baitbags that I finished. Did a little bit different shading but the base color was the same. Matte varnish over everything except for the guts and parasite, gloss varnish over them.

Spoiler

59e9429c125e0_ftzbaitbag(1).thumb.jpg.4e29cbad4ba191cb7a8d5c948250847c.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429ca7258_ftzbaitbag(2).thumb.jpg.0ef6c4ab232d4c811134cd1968c3b228.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429d4431a_ftzbaitbag(3).thumb.jpg.56ae0b2868f790be749596b01c0a037e.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429e4afc9_ftzbaitbag(4).thumb.jpg.26db47a8a0351a5eb74245a45f98d665.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429ebecde_ftzbaitbag(5).thumb.jpg.f7f6646e4595760417c9ce787cb56a4c.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429f42c8d_ftzbaitbag(6).thumb.jpg.c80f0762e2f81e52d85e0cda2c7fbcfe.jpg

Spoiler

59e9429fbb761_ftzbaitbag(7).thumb.jpg.213fcd797ae978d5294f6f18e2550509.jpg

Oh btw, am I supposed to edit the original post for updates on the new minis or just down here?

Edited by ThirstyBob
question
  • Like 4

Experimenting with a different color scheme on one of the other Baitbags. Not sure how I feel about it right now, might be ok after a few more layers, but I'm not sure what colors I should use. I definitely went way too pink on the skintone, though.

pink stage 1 (1).jpg

pink stage 1 (2).jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 5

Thanks Dragon that helped a lot, brought down the pink quite a bit and was a good start for the recesses. It did make them a bit green though so I went in later with a bit more blue and touched them up. Also retouched the parasite and intestines and did a bit of a red gradient from the parasite.

59ee3c7925708_bluestage2(1).thumb.jpg.65880c57bd29db79fa18a1f92d412596.jpg

59ee3c79bb0e2_bluestage2(2).thumb.jpg.bc8a76860b8067fb26b6b107d61899e8.jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 5

Hello, and welcome to the Reaper forums! ^_^

On 10/19/2017 at 5:27 PM, ThirstyBob said:

Oh btw, am I supposed to edit the original post for updates on the new minis or just down here?

If all of the minis in a WIP thread are listed/shown in the first post, then you can post any updates you like in the thread. Here's the relevant part of the WIP forum guidelines:

All models that exist in one thread must be shown in the first post. New figs? New thread.

Link to WIP forum guidelines

So, for your next group of minis, please start a new thread so we can continue to follow your work! ::): And always feel free to ask questions if you need help with anything. Again, welcome!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1