Tristram

What Happened to Breakfast?

Hey, folks,

I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere on the Forums, but maybe it hasn’t.

I was surprised to learn that breakfast was not included in the ReaperCon room rate at the Hilton Garden Inn. Obviously, a different contract was drawn up between Reaper and the hotel, but does anyone know why?

The con room rate has always been good, and the new breakfast discount is also decent, so this is not a huge deal. I just wondered if anyone knew the rationale/what happened.

Other than this, so far, so good at RC 2017.

-Darren

Pretty sure that would be a private matter between Reaper and the HGI. Anything on our end would be merely speculation and probably not best to be discussed on here.

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Wow you have to pay at the HGI? Now I am glad we ended up at the Fairfield =( I am sorry to hear that 

I'm staying at the Fairfield because of the excellent free breakfast, and because the room rate is cheaper: $89 for each night (including weekdays) for a huge King Suite. I saw on the website for the HGI that their breakfast isn't free for regular guests, and I just assumed it would be the same for the ReaperCon block.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

Interesting. I assumed that the HGI always charged for their breakfast, but that Reaper had worked out a deal to cover that cost for ReaperCon attendees. We always got breakfast tickets, and would pay for our meals with these each day.

Again, i don’t want to mis-characterize this as some atrocity or a deal-breaker; more of a curiosity. I wondered if this had been communicated somewhere some time ago, and I had just missed it. I didn’t keep up with the ReaperCon discussions here over the past months.

Bold - great tip. Thanks.

Coralline - quite possibly so! ::D:

-Darren

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:13 AM, Bold said:

I'm staying at the Fairfield because of the excellent free breakfast, and because the room rate is cheaper: $89 for each night (including weekdays) for a huge King Suite. I saw on the website for the HGI that their breakfast isn't free for regular guests, and I just assumed it would be the same for the ReaperCon block.

If Mr. Thorne and I attend next year, I may make a note of that; we ... have our own reasons for not being thrilled with the Hilton chain. ^^;

This one has been quite pleasant, mind; I'm not getting any of the nasty vibe I've had from others in the chain.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 6:13 AM, Bold said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got free breakfast at the Towneplace suites.

IMG_4136.thumb.JPG.04afd79841c1f951d64c82e7534f26e0.JPGIMG_4137.thumb.JPG.fbc1e8306fb64fa511ef9db16636eff1.JPG

(there was a second betoom just like ours.)

• Like 5

On 10/23/2017 at 7:49 AM, Thes Hunter said:

Got free breakfast at the Towneplace suites.

Spoiler

IMG_4136.thumb.JPG.04afd79841c1f951d64c82e7534f26e0.JPGIMG_4137.thumb.JPG.fbc1e8306fb64fa511ef9db16636eff1.JPG

(there was a second betoom just like ours.)

Those're some pretty sweet digs.

We Fairfield'ed it this year. FireElemental is quite happy with the waffles so the free breakfast works okay for us. (I was disappointed the bacon was replaced with sausage from Friday on, but I'm not a sausage person.)

• Like 3

Sorry.  Having issues with an edit.

On 10/20/2017 at 5:13 AM, Bold said:

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 2

Some folks got free meal tickets at the Hilton; other's didn't.

The Fairfield is now an alternative.  I like the Hilton and its staff, but the price difference and the free breakfast may have changed the scales.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Some folks got free meal tickets at the Hilton; other's didn't.

The Fairfield is now an alternative.  I like the Hilton and its staff, but the price difference and the free breakfast may have changed the scales.

The Fairfield was great, but the shuttle didn't pick us up so we had to use Lyft or bum rides. Also, nobody really hangs out there. I was really glad I went to play ub3r's D&D game at the Hilton on Saturday night, it was so lively there compared to Fairfield! I'll definitely go hang out at the Hilton after hours next time.

The breakfast is pretty great though. I actually really liked the turkey sausage. The coffee was pretty decent. Plus you can bring some extra food to the con if you get hungry :)

• Like 7