Cyradis

Cyr answers stuff. Bring a hammer and a chisel.

Because @Beagle and I derailed multiple threads into rocks, with help from the chemist @NebulousMissy... 

Here, ask me about rocks. Or life. Or cheese. Or hats. Maybe about bees, or flying, or any random thing. Beagle, please interject for your Dark Side knowledge (petroleum stuff is the Dark Side). I don't know diddlysquat about the Dark Side, except for some basic field geophysics for remote sensing. @NebulousMissy gets chemist-stuff. 

Cool cool? Shall we let the randomness become random again? 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Do you have bees too? Could we be twins?

Yes, although I'm a newbie. They seem set for winter. 

46 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

What is the best rock?

Definitely not sandstone. 

What is the purpose of your rock? That determines what is best. Otherwise, I'm going to say granite. Big plutonic granite. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Yes, although I'm a newbie. They seem set for winter. 

Definitely not sandstone. 

What is the purpose of your rock? That determines what is best. Otherwise, I'm going to say granite. Big plutonic granite. 

Separated at birth obviously, and there's definitely a Hollywood movie in there. Colonial country bumpkin and suave, sophisticated, English daredevil...we could have all sorts of adventures.

If you can't appreciate the magnificence and beauty of sandstone then you need my help.

• Like 6

*giggles at being called a country bumpkin*

My dear canine, I'm a suburban dweller. Sir Cyr is the country bumpkin. 

Sandstone makes good landscapes and traps useful goop.

Beagle needs to see the gorgeous Pike's Peak. Get some granite in the system. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

*giggles at being called a country bumpkin*

My dear canine, I'm a suburban dweller. Sir Cyr is the country bumpkin. 

Sandstone makes good landscapes and traps useful goop.

Beagle needs to see the gorgeous Pike's Peak. Get some granite in the system. 

Granite is too hard for me, I'm much more of a soft rock kind of guy.

All colonials are bumpkins, a good many of them unwashed and unacquainted with the intricacies of tables, manners or indeed table manners.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Beagle said:

All colonials are bumpkins, a good many of them unwashed and unacquainted with the intricacies of tables, manners or indeed table manners.

We're geologists. The unwashed and lacking in table manners goes with that, not the country of origin. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

<hands the beagle a selection of late '70's/early '80's vinyl records>

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What rock or mineral fills you with wonder and imagination when you look at it?

Sooooo many!! 

How about I thoroughly answer this after I get some sleep? It may take a while!

• Like 4