New CAV mini

jsalyers

Don't know who might follow this forum and not be a member of the Reaper/CAV Facebook group but there is a new CAV mini for sale at ReaperCon.

It is called a Firedrake and is open to all factions. There are pictures and stats on the Facebook pages.

J--

• Like 1

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, jsalyers said:

Don't know who might follow this forum and not be a member of the Reaper/CAV Facebook group but there is a new CAV mini for sale at ReaperCon.

It is called a Firedrake and is open to all factions. There are pictures and stats on the Facebook pages.

J--

Was it the one that came in the CAVCon loot?

• Like 1

Interesting little bugger. I think I'll group it with some Conquerors, to function as a bodyguard that can contribute to IDF fire missions.

Either that or group it with the Enforcers I'd forgotten we're getting, as the core of an Adon OPFOR for demoing CAV to friends.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:28 PM, Weird-O said:

Interesting little bugger. I think I'll group it with some Conquerors, to function as a bodyguard that can contribute to IDF fire missions.

Either that or group it with the Enforcers I'd forgotten we're getting, as the core of an Adon OPFOR for demoing CAV to friends.

Bodyguards sounds like fun, but all of its weapons have minimum range of 12. Seems like the bodyguards might get 'under-run'...?

J--

That's a good point, I didn't see the minimum range on the MAC.

Hmmm...this will be tricky. It's much more fragile than most of the Rach-accessible stuff of similar speeds, so putting it in an attack squad with them is begging for this guy to be an early casualty. On the other hand, stuff of comparable durability is usually of an incompatible speed rating or mission profile. Aside from intentional outliers like spotters or bodyguards, my preference if for all the units in a given squad to have similar speed and mission profiles, so the whole squad can more easily fight as one.

It might be a good idea instead to set it aside until I can start building my planned Ritter OPFOR in earnest.

Edited by Weird-O