I don't remember where I got this guy

redambrosia

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that looked like a Litorian from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed, but I don't see that particular mini on Iron Wind Metals webstore.

The lost minis wiki only lists 6 Litorians and that's how many IWM has.

EDIT: I don't think it's from Black Orc Games line of cat people either as I think all of them were single piece castings.

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, VitM said:

I have that Rakshasa!  Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got him either. :rolleyes:

:lol: It would help if there was a makers mark on him. Tell me, does yours have his hand on backwards? The left arm, which isn't attached in the photos, is holding a mask, but the hand is oriented as a right hand.

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

:lol: It would help if there was a makers mark on him. Tell me, does yours have his hand on backwards? The left arm, which isn't attached in the photos, is holding a mask, but the hand is oriented as a right hand.

The sculptor was paying attention.  Traditionally one of the ways of recognizing a Rakshasa is by its backwards hands.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pingo said:

The sculptor was paying attention.  Traditionally one of the ways of recognizing a Rakshasa is by its backwards hands.

That is weird. Like, super weird. Why would they have thumbs on the outside? My kitty cat has her (annoying, sharply clawed) thumbs on the inside. Well, what passes for thumbs on cats anyway. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

That is weird. Like, super weird. Why would they have thumbs on the outside? My kitty cat has her (annoying, sharply clawed) thumbs on the inside. Well, what passes for thumbs on cats anyway. :rolleyes:

It’s mythology.  Rakshas are a real mythological thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakshasa

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2