Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Cyr didn't nitpick! A treasure chest.

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

So I decided to at least try to not nitpick something. This is the fastest I have ever painted an item. It took prpbably 30mins - 1hr, mostly due to paint drying before a wash. Paint was determined by "fits purpose and is in reach without seeking". 

Not my best by far, but it is an achievement for me to NOT nitpick things!

20171021_190333.jpg

20171021_190330.jpg

'Struth that this is better than my current "best effort" skill level.

[The dice ring is nice too]

GEM

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

'Struth that this is better than my current "best effort" skill level.

[The dice ring is nice too]

GEM

You can do it GEM! 

This was base coats and sloppy washes :poke:

Dice ring is one I got at comiccon about 4 years ago. Always have it on. Never know when I'll need to roll. Also makes great twiddling. 

• Like 4

I see nothing to nitpick on that chest.  It is lovely.    I suspect (like all of us) you are just to hard on yourself.  the results show you that you do great work even when you are not trying.

• Like 2

I have found it is best not to over think things. The Chest is a fine example of that. It is a simply BEAUTIFUL creation...a treasure. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks all ^_^

There are tons of things I *could* do with this... but I am resisting the urge. Rainbow dragon and Max Decker can get the nitpicking instead!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's some fine booty right there. ::D:

I got the same pack of chests, I can only hope that mine turn out as well.

Half went to Sir Cyr, and I got the others. They're... interesting. I find it odd that the treasure is in its own weird little square with a big gap around the edges. Serves the purpose of loot well for sure though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Half went to Sir Cyr, and I got the others. They're... interesting. I find it odd that the treasure is in its own weird little square with a big gap around the edges. Serves the purpose of loot well for sure though. 

I thought it was a bit odd as well. While I'm not really a fan of that (the one gap that the primer didn't obliterate), I still think they're quite useful for dungeon dressing. I think I'm going to try to vary the types of coins in the chest, and I see that there's a couple of gems in there as well.

• Like 1

The other open chest does have some gems in it. I don't think this one does. The other also has a skull. Sir Cyr gets that one though. If I wasn't testing myself on lack of nitpicking, I would have been painting each individual coin with different metals and possibly trying to make faces on them :wacko:

I think my players are going to get suspicious by me throwing a painted treasure chest at them. They'll think it is a trap, even if it isn't. I might just make the lid snap on their fingers to spite them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

The other open chest does have some gems in it. I don't think this one does. The other also has a skull. Sir Cyr gets that one though. If I wasn't testing myself on lack of nitpicking, I would have been painting each individual coin with different metals and possibly trying to make faces on them :wacko:

I think my players are going to get suspicious by me throwing a painted treasure chest at them. They'll think it is a trap, even if it isn't. I might just make the lid snap on their fingers to spite them. 

I laughed out loud at this! :lol:

Great painting too btw.

• Like 1