As seen at ReaperCon

About this project

91c9a5e8660cd3978a4eab36163d9da7_origina

Assembly Demo

What does it hold? 

e8b0714b704dfd1fafd564ed3ac4408f_origina

See the Reviews 

WarGamerGirl and Flo (Product Review): 

Gold Squadron Podcast (Ep. 11 01:01): "I REALLY like this product, 4 out 5 DeathStars" 

Radio TCX (Ep. 29 15:00) "For smallbase (X-Wing) ships their Awesome!" 

PopNerdTV (Jake Combs) "I’LL BE JUMPING ON THE KICKSTARTER AND ORDERING AT LEAST 4 MORE" 

Robs Rogues (X-Case Spotlight)"This is REALLY, REALLY, pretty slick!"  

TableTopGamerDotCom (Miniatures Painting stream 27:23) 

The General's Tent: Find out a bit more on this interview between myself and Tyler Provick. 

Customize to your liking...

78d497bb9525a63bd06de2472afd1aab_origina

Get More... 

ed19b31c276d68b556c5b53874fd4cb7_origina

dfeaf74b08d077903e17a1e53c99082a_origina

Funding Goal

Quick explanation of low funding goal. Its simple, with production planned to be underway prior to the campaign ending the XCase is getting produced win or lose and any backing we get will just be used to offset costs already incurred. If it exceeds our goal even better it will help with future costs and should we reach our first stretch goals it will obviously go to making those happen.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

The biggest downside is that all of this plastic makes them heavy. But... they're also sturdy, so... it seems to work okay for me.

Thanks for posting that. Sturdiness was my one concern. In the photos they look a bit fragile. It's very nice to hear they're sturdy.

I'm planning to using these to hold minis I'm painting between sessions. I sometimes batch paint whole groups of figures, like sets of Z:BP zombies, and I often have to let them sit for a while when I can't paint. These look great for protecting them from dust while they wait. I won't be traveling with them so it's fine if they're a little heavy. Just don't want them to break. Sounds like these should be ideal. Backing for two at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorallineAlgae said:

These look great for protecting them from dust while they wait. I won't be traveling with them so it's fine if they're a little heavy. Just don't want them to break. Sounds like these should be ideal. Backing for two at the moment. 

Just as I'm talking you into getting these, I do want to sound a note of caution--there are a lot of holes in the cases. They probably won't do a great job at keeping out the dust without liberal applications of tape or something like it.

• Like 2

Mine survived a one way trip from Texas to California in my luggage case. I also dropped my luggage while pulling it off the conveyor. It was placed on the top portion of the suitcase (near handle) with no protection above, to the side, nor the front. My sweater was behind it. I placed blister packages from Reaper inside to prevent bending. There were no scratches or cracks on the plastic case. A+

• Like 4

I got the sample and saw the booth at Reapercon, but did not realize this is a kickstarter project.

I've used magnetic tape to transport minis in my car before and it works well.  Don't drop the case or ship things with this method though, as magnetic tape is not enough to keep them from popping off.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.

I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.

Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride

This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen

"You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "

... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 

... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>