Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

77313: Hill Giant Krug

EXCELLENT Work !!

Terrific dry brushing! 

The time spent on adding little details and nuances really paid off !!!

Keep it up !

• Like 2

I really like the work done on this figure!

I do have a concern, based on a previous experience, though:  The green highlights on the skin are intentional, right?  If not, it would be an awful way to discover you have red/green color blindness.

• Like 3

Actually, I am colorblind. The green highlights are intended to indicate a forest canopy, but perhaps I over did it. I can’t tell how green it is, just how yellow it is. 

Edited by Nightwing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nightwing said:

Actually, I am colorblind. The green highlights are intended to indicate a forest canopy, but perhaps I over did it. I can’t tell how green it is, just how yellow it is. 

No, no.  You caught the theme just fine, and the green isn’t over saturated, at least not to my eyes.

I’m just a bit sensitive to the subject, as I’ve had a friend before that had red-green colorblindness.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• By Maglok
      Here is a Vulture Demon that I have used my newest Iwata airbrush on. I am very pleased with how he came out. He is on a 50mm base and is made of metal from Reaper. I had to bent the wings into an interesting pose, but I like where this guy ended up. :)

• By Elbows
      Been working on a new game for dungeon crawling, and have settled with predominantly Reaper miniatures for my personal use (and for use in game component imagery, etc.).  Second post here, so apologies if I fumble the image stuff a few times.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Auberon
      My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea.  She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything.  This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics.  Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done.  The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle.  Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.

I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base.  The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area.  Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.

But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.

Full frontal metal shiny.

And rotating around for those that want to look.

I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines.  I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.

And that's it for my 2019 exchange.  Next year I might even try to be on time. 
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)