Chaoswolf

GW partners with Wizkids to make games

https://wizkids.com/...games-workshop/

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I'd be pretty shocked to see GW allow Wizkids to produce miniatures, unless they're way out of scale with GW's stuff, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of board games they come up with.

I'm also wondering if they're not looking for someone to take the place of the recently expired partnership with Fantasy Flight Games.

I read some conjecture from an insider earlier today. I don't think there will be any minis involved in this. This seems to be licensing for out-of-print boardgames, new dice games, etc.

Just what we need: wildly overpriced minis AND blind packs so you don't know what you're getting.

I dunno. I'll wait and see.

59 minutes ago, Bruunwald said:

I read some conjecture from an insider earlier today. I don't think there will be any minis involved in this. This seems to be licensing for out-of-print boardgames, new dice games, etc.

I don't suppose that "out of print boardgames" would include the likes of "HeroQuest" or "SpaceHulk", but it would be kind of cool if it did - it would be nice to see those back in print again.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

I don't suppose that "out of print boardgames" would include the likes of "HeroQuest" or "SpaceHulk", but it would be kind of cool if it did - it would be nice to see those back in print again.

Hero Quest was the first thing that sprang to mind when OOP board games were mentioned. But there are probably rights issues with Hasbro that would make it impossible.

::(:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YronimosW said:

Is space hulk out of print? I still see sealed boxes on shelves from time to time.

• Like 2

Fury of Dracula was just reprinted by FFG right before the license was dropped.  A lot of gamers will be happy to see that on the table again at reasonable prices.  I'd be curious to compare FFG's minis vs WizKids in that game.  

• Like 1

On the non-miniatures side: Chainsaw Warrior might have some popularity since there's a video game now.

On the silly side: Battle for Armageddon (1992), because it's clearly not a WWII eastern front game reskinned as orks vs imperials.

Edited by Jeneki

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Sophie was taken said:

Hero Quest was the first thing that sprang to mind when OOP board games were mentioned. But there are probably rights issues with Hasbro that would make it impossible.

::(:

Sadly this would also put Battlemasters out of the running too. I actually bought 8 copies of that game back in the day just for the masses of cheap "official" GW miniatures that could quickly get dropped on the table for cheap. The local Kay Bee toys would sometimes have clearances of old gaming stuff, and one day they sold Battlemasters sets for $9.99 each!

But given the choice between the two I would rather have Heroquest now. It was a fun game, and I can get a bunch of better quality cheap miniatures now by buying Bones models instead of Battlemasters sets!

• Like 4

Man I miss Battlemasters and Hero Quest, also Dark World, but I don't believe GW had anything to do with that one.

• Like 2

Same here. Every once in a while I'll see HeroQuest and/or Warhammer Quest come up for sale on Ebay for really stupid amounts of money.

>sigh<

• Like 2