Sign in to follow this  
Kro

[MERGED] PAX Unplugged

Hi guys!

I see that Reaper Miniatures is on the exhibitors list for PAX Unplugged (November 17-19 in Philadelphia). I have couple questions as to what we can expect to see there:

1. Will you be running any painting classes? From the comments I see on this forum they seemed to be great successes at Reapercon and I was hoping to be able to participate in one if possible.

2. Is there any chance some of the large figures from Bones 3 that have currently unsolved packaging issues (Goremaw, Froghemoth) could be made available at the convention? (I'm dying for a Goremaw)

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I'd like to expand upon the answers above, if I may.

We will not have courses, because we will have none of our usual artists there to teach, bringing only a handful of employees. It is not our custom to teach courses at shows, and for at least the foreseeable future, this is unlikely to change.

We will be very unlikely to have those models for sale, mostly because if we cannot release them because they have no viable shelf-friendly packaging, how can we ourselves stock and display them with no viable shelf-friendly packaging? It is a conundrum.

Thanks for the answers Ladystorm and Reaperbryan!

As for how to sell them without standard packaging, I know I'd be more than happy to get all the pieces of Goremaw in a gallon size Ziploc bag (or 2 gallon, not quite sure if he'd fit in a 1, he looks huge).

I'm not sure how your area will be set up, but if you could glue one together (and maybe paint it) to serve as a display piece on a shelf behind the register and had a Ziploc bag next to it with the piece parts in it to display what you're actually buying I'm sure they'd sell. Keep the rest of the stock in a rubbermaid bin and call it a day :)

1 hour ago, Kro said:

Thanks for the answers Ladystorm and Reaperbryan!

As for how to sell them without standard packaging, I know I'd be more than happy to get all the pieces of Goremaw in a gallon size Ziploc bag (or 2 gallon, not quite sure if he'd fit in a 1, he looks huge).

I'm not sure how your area will be set up, but if you could glue one together (and maybe paint it) to serve as a display piece on a shelf behind the register and had a Ziploc bag next to it with the piece parts in it to display what you're actually buying I'm sure they'd sell. Keep the rest of the stock in a rubbermaid bin and call it a day :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

We'll see what works for us, however due to space, it is unlikely we will have any unpackaged items.

35 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

do you anticipate having the November releases on hand?

Since the crates ship out next week, if they are ready, they would be included.

It is unlikely they will be ready before crates ship.

• Like 4

Well, if you can toss one Ziploc bagged Goremaw in those crates before they go I can guarantee you'd sell 100% of your PAX Unplugged Goremaw stock. :poke:::D:

• Like 1

It's a little less than two weeks until the show starts, are any of the rest of you planning to go?

I'll be arriving part way through friday, and staying until Sunday afternoon. 

Reaper will have a booth and a paint and take.  I can make some guesses of who might be there, but they’d just be guesses.

Ron

• Like 2

I'll be an exhibitor with the 'Royal N Games' booth. I did the illustrations for their game Deathbot Derby, so I'll be helping out with demos and selling some art prints. 

Going to try and wander the show floor a bit too, as it's my first time at a gaming convention. 

• Like 1