Reaper HD paints getting new labels

While shopping at Reaper's booth during ReaperCon, my friend and I noticed that a tiny fraction of the HD paints had a white label. Ladystorm mentioned that they were transitioning from a yellow label to a white label and that the caps may also will be switching to grey. The reason was that the yellow ink on the label was just a few microns too thick for the label machine causing unnecessary jams. So just wanted to give people a heads up that they will soon start seeing new labels on the HD paints.

Edited by ladystorm
corrected verb tense
  • Like 10
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ladystorm said:

To visually differentiate between the three lines. 

Now all three lines have white labels and each line has a different cap.

Core = white

HD = grey

Bones = black

Will you offer caps of the various colors in the online store so that we can get current paints capped accurately?  I know now you offer the white.  But what about the black and grey?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Maybe another colour cap for the Liners, assorted additives, primers and varnishes?

This would be wonderfully helpful. Add the Clear and the Washes to the list on that. 

• Like 4

Of course, we could just wrap tape around the caps, but that wouldn't look so good. 

Heat-shrink tubing can also be used, if you find the right diameters in the right colours...

(but there's a danger of damaging the cap with the heat. Luckily, a certain company sells replacement caps.)

What's the diameter of the caps again?

*Trundles off to the Bay of Evil.*

(Thinking Yellow = Special Edition paint = I hurt you if you touch this without asking, and Red = Discontinued = no one will ever find the body)

I think heat-shrink tubing for 18650 Li-Ion cells(18.6mm diameter) should be just about the right size.  

You get a 2M piece of that for $1 on eBay, and that should get you about 100 pieces to colour the caps. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By waska
      Is there a conversion chart somewhere or a list of colors for the HD lines and how they map to the 'new' Bones HD line replacement? I am trying to compare colors and all charts online utilize the HD line and not sure how I can tie in the HD line with the Bones HD lines which I have.

This is the conversion chart I am using and as you can see there is only the HD line. So trying to figure out which of the Bones HD to substitute in.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=8

Thanks all for your input.

Reaper Bones: 

HD Set 1:

HD Set 2:

HD Set 3:

• By willmontgomery
      I have some Reaper-produced HD paints that came with white caps.

I would like to obtain some black caps, in order to avoid the psychic pain of having paints that aren't configured properly. But the only caps that I could find in the Reaper store were white caps.

Is there any hope for me? By which I mean, is there any hope that I could obtain black caps (for Reaper dropper bottles) from the webstore?
    • By willmontgomery
      1) Will these 12 new paints (73400-73411) be available for normal retail sale at some point?

2) They claim to be HD paints, but they have white caps. What's up with that?

3) Is there any chance of being able to purchase black caps for Reaper paint bottles? I could find only white caps in the store.
    • By Delryne
      I didn't realize until I saw the post from March 2nd about the new minis that some of your minis are actually made with metal material. Prior to knowing this I had ordered some minis and some paints.

The one half orc sorcerer mini (the one with the cool armor and holding his staff with both hands),
      Dorly, the Halfling with the musket.
      And a shadowguard mini.

Noticing their prices were a little bit more expensive than the normal reaper bones minis, I assumed that these pieces were a better quality plastic, but are they actually made of metal? Like how the new Lich piece is from March 2nd and so forth.

If so, would i need to get primer in order to paint them, and what primer would people recommend?

March 7th, not second. Good job, me.
    • By mrxak
      Forgive me if any of these questions are prominently answered somewhere. I've been reading through a lot of materials here on the site and forums and learned a lot, but a few things I still didn't find answers on.

What is liner? I've seen several paints called liner but I have no idea what that means or how it's different from the other paints.

I understand washes and drybrushing, what they're good for and how to do them, but can somebody explain glazing to me? What should I be looking for in a glaze, and when should I use one? How should I use one?

When would one use an MSP HD paint instead of a regular MSP paint, and vice versa?

I've seen a lot of people extolling the use of wet palettes, and I've seen discussion on how to make one, but what exactly are they good for? Is there more to it than simply keeping paint from drying out on your palette? Does it water down the paint? What, if any, effects does it have on mixing, exactly? Do you still need another palette alongside it for certain things?

I also have a few more general questions that have no correct answer, but I'm kinda curious to get a few responses/opinions on, as somebody new to this hobby.

When you're doing a mini, how long do you typically paint for, not including drying time? What do you consider speed painting? When I see these incredible professional paint jobs, how long did those take to paint?

How quickly do you go through paint bottles? Does it make sense to get an extra bottle of one's most commonly-used paints, or do those bottles last a long time?

Do you personally use a sealer? Have you ever regretted not doing so?

What are your ten most essential paints, the ones you personally use all the time for whatever reason?

What painter do you think I absolutely must start being a fan of? What painter have you learned the most from since you started this hobby?

And, what the heck, tell me what your favorite Reaper mini of all time is. Has to be one you've actually painted. I think my favorite is 77021 Lindir, Elf Archer. I butchered the face, but it's a fantastic mini and I learned a lot from painting him when I was just starting out.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)