Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kagunk, Ogre Chieftan 77105

Finished this up late last night.  Probably my favorite fig I've painted to date.  There are a ton of little details all over, but since the fig is bigger than average, it was pretty easy to paint. I went with a green skin tone because my next planned adventure features a large mutant orc, so this fig worked perfectly for the brute.  Critiques and advice are always welcome!  Thank you!

20171026_083812.jpg

20171026_083900.jpg

20171026_083951.jpg

20171026_084035.jpg

20171026_084114.jpg

• Like 17

Thanks! I agonized over how to paint that, so naturally I procrastinated until it was the very last thing left. After looking it over for a while I decided that the black primer actually looked pretty sharp, so I just thinned out some bone colored paint and touched up the parts that looked like they were actually coming out of shield.  Then the blood smear for effect, and voila!  I think I spent an hour staring at the dang thing, and 30 seconds to actually get it done.  Sometimes simplicity is the key!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Gnoll I painted. 77388, Gnoll Warrior sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By GodOfCheese
      I loved this sculpt from the moment I saw it. I absolutely could not wait to paint it. But I was intimidated by it for a variety of reasons. I didn't like most of the color schemes I initially chose, and repainted him several times. I wanted a decent base for him (I greatly regret not rebasing Cthulhu, for example), etc. etc.  

But then things just kind of came together and I painted the beastie a little bit at a time over the past few days... and I'm really happy with the outcome!

C&C appreciated -- this guy was unexpectedly challenging for me, so there's probably oppo for improvement here. :-)

• By Froggie44
      Frost Giant King and Queen. C&C welcome.

• By Froggie44
      Frost Giant Court - King, Queen, and Guards are from earlier KS (I believe), Rangers are add-ons from Bones 4. C&C welcome. Will post close-ups of rest tomorrow.

• By Darcstaar
      Since I’m wrapping up Deladrin, here is the next in the queue.  Devona, Female Wizard.  She’s a curious wizard with plate mail leggings, a chain mail skirt, and a staff that looks more like a spear.  Also, is her torso adorned with a breastplate?  Or is it part of her dress?  And what’s up with the scalloped things on her back?

Not sure what I’m going to do with her.  I hope you enjoy the process of discovery tagging along with me.  The one thing I have decided is to try to give her more of an East Indian skin tone.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)