Bones Dragon Hatchlings

alchemist

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Grim
      I may end up doing a bunch of image dumps - I've painted a lot this year and maybe I should just post them in sets. 

This one, though, deserves its own post, I think.  I painted up the Green Dragon Hatchling from waaaay back in Bones 2, showed it to my wife, and she made some suggestions - so here you have it painted up as a Swamp Dragon from the Discworld, as kept by Lady Sybil of Ankh-Morpork.  I gave them a collar and name plate, and since they're a tame dragon, I gave them a few chew toys, including a Rolly Ball just like Rex of "Snake Discovery," as can be seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/snakediscovery

Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome!

• By Inarah
      Once I saw this little guy I knew I was going to have to do something special for the base. Fortunately I had a few old Microarts woodland bases with logs on them that would make good flight stands. 

I imagine a young gold dragon flitting from stump to stump with joyful abandon, oblivious to the hunting party that stalks it. 

• By KruleBear
      The Dragon Hatchling sculpts are cute, but the Bones casts are terrible. Due to this I didn't try to clean them up well and just put them on new bases. Either way it is two more models off the bench and painted to an acceptable toy box level...and so what if I painted the geen one red and the black one green!

btw I touched up the splotchy black base rims after I took this picture. 

Comments encouraged,

Mike
    • By Inarah
      This is what I painted for Teskeria for the 2016 Secret Sophie exchange.  She said she liked dragons and the colors purple and pink.  I started with the green dragon hatchling, I wanted one that looked like it was attempting to fly, and this one seemed to be sitting up and paying attention.  I built up a little cork hill for Cassie to be standing on, demonstrating with her staff and her arms thrust wide.  The base has little hillocks covered in static grass. The bushes and flowers are real dried miniature plants that I pulled out of my dollhouse supplies.  Both figures are removable for play. Hope you enjoy!

• By Maledrakh
      So it's Minivember. The month where one tries to paint one different model each day.
      As is typical, I am rather late to the party, having been busy with work the whole of the first week.
      So I will try to do a different model each day (or rather, the equivalent: 30 different minis this month) the important bit being "different" so duplicates do not count for the Minivember tally. And when I say duplicates I also mean similar minis (e.g. of the same type, or from the same unit). So doing say, 30 Clanrats will still only count as one.
      So these will be semi-randomly selected minis, and we start out with a baby dragon:

Reaper makes many great dragons, and for the most part, the Bones material works well (as in "well, they will need some support or else they will sag over time due to the weight of the massive dragon on the comparatively spindly legs."), but on these smaller dragons the material shows it's limits when it comes to the finer details.
      The supposedly clawed hands were mostly blobs I needed to carve out, the supposedly fanged mouth was mostly solid gums with lines in them, and the eyes....  The eyes needed to be painted on.
      This might have been a miscast, but I imagine it is not. Many Bones tend towards softness in the fine details.
      But then again, it's Bones. The whole point of which is to make the minis cheap and easy to deal with.
      Which they admittedly are. This is not a £10 model! Yay!

77274: Dragon Hatchling Red
      Reaper Bones KS2
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm base

Minivember tally: 1