Sign in to follow this  
Lovejoy

Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3

Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

HISS3-teaser2.jpg

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.

Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...

So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!

cheers

Michael

Edited by Lovejoy
Added a link
  • Like 15

Hate to admit it but I don't think this one is going to be for me, mostly because of the strange races.

Best of luck with the kickstarter though. Hoping to take part in future ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Hate to admit it but I don't think this one is going to be for me, mostly because of the strange races.

It's a worry for me, to be honest. People are always telling me they can't get minis for these races, but then I wonder if that's because nobody wants them?

By Tuesday I'll probably be scrapping it and replacing them all with humans! :poke:

• Like 8

I think bringing in uncommon races is a brilliant choice!  I've had trouble finding decent kitsune minis.  Several of the guys I play PFS with have expressed the challenge of finding grippli or tengu minis as well.  Of course, quality female dwarf, gnome, or Halfling minis are also non-human characters that might appeal to those who don't want to go quite as monstrous?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

It's a worry for me, to be honest. People are always telling me they can't get minis for these races, but then I wonder if that's because nobody wants them?

By Tuesday I'll probably be scrapping it and replacing them all with humans! :poke:

Well there is that, but for me I think it's more that I'm simply old school and don't identify with these newer races.

Not to say I wouldn't be intrigued by an amazing sculpt. I think it's just in my brain I want to compartmentalize my minis and while I have accepted and collected animorphic characters such as yours, Darkswords, and Reapers Mouslings, I mentally place them in their own separate little gameworld, like that in your ruleset, and I'm good with that.

With this though, I'm more likely to wait and see and then afterwards perhaps place an order through your online store for any I fancy as well as those I've been wanting and missed from your earlier kickstarters.

We'll see. ::):

• Like 1

I'm super excited by the non-human races. need a female of any job so long as it's human elf or dwarf and you could literally drown in the options. tiefling or tabaxi and well you might have 1 to choose from, so long as you're only playing exactly the stereotypical kind.

ETA. tiefling paladin has me tingly.

Edited by spoonz202
  • Like 5

I'm quite curious about these, human, non-human normal humanoid, and very non-human races. 

• Like 4

The first two were great projects. 

good coms, great figures.  

I don't really need the non-human figures offered this time around, and my fiances are kind of strapped anyway.  

but ill keep an eye on future projects. 

and two of my favs were changed or sculpted completely during the previous campaigns.  (1/2 orc and Pregnant villager) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

.. tiefling girls with cute hoofies? .. .. *hopeful*

I might be tempted if there were tiefling girls with hooves; those are absurdly hard to find; like tiefling guys with hooves. :/

I'll give a pass on nobody getting cloven hooves quite right, if only there were some!

Catfolk wearing clothing are also difficult to find..

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Kickstarter is the perfect platform for it, however, because if the Kickstarter doesn't meet its goals, you don't waste time and money on production molds and product no one will buy.

I'm hoping for some Earthdawn/Shadowrun style Trolls: big hulking PCs with horns.

• Like 6

Might be that I'm a boring person or play with boring people, but personally I don't have any use for the crazy rare PC races.

Personally I would love to see some female elves in sensible shoes, the wood elf you already got in your store has nice facial features. While there are many female elves out there (as a humans), they seem to suffer from the whole, eh, barbie-fication more often than others.

• Like 2