Thanksgiving Paint Binge Challenge 2017

Inarah

As I said in Random: Morning didn't get off to a great start. What I thought was going to be a easy load night at work turned into pretty much a normal work day (other then we got holiday pay on top of what we worked, so I guess some things turned out for the better.). Anyways, came home, crashed around 9 to 930 but I work up like around 11. Just that time of the year where I can sleep for about 2 hrs & be good for the rest of the day.

Work tonight, so I won't be getting any painting in. I did repair a Bones mini I wanted to find. Some reason I pried the head off the Ankheg mini & I re-glued that back on. I guess I recall not liking how the pre-set of the part was on the body & decided to try & fix it myself. Granted it took me a couple of years to do but at least I found the mini!!!

• Like 5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going back and forth between a dark sword rogue and one of the figures from the learn to paint kit. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done this weekend since I'm headed to family's tomorrow and work on Saturday, but I hope to finish at least those two this weekend :)

• Like 6

Binge is on. My major goal is to clear out my container of vermin from Bones 1. Two beetles swarms and twelve rats later, plus some odds and ends I had already primed, I can see the bottom of the bin. Good enough at arm's length for use in games.

binge1.jpg.852293b9e4423b97710ba1d97226c02c.jpg

By the way, has anyone ever seen their bronze and gold metallic master series paints frost when they dry? I either need a lot more shaking or need new bottles. They are several years old...

Checkpoint total painted: 17

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mierot said:

By the way, has anyone ever seen their bronze and gold metallic master series paints frost when they dry? I either need a lot more shaking or need new bottles. They are several years old...

Yes, I am close to throwing out Pirate Gold because of that.  It's fine straight out of the bottle but after it's been on the wet palette a while it separates, or something, and any subsequent use dries chalky white.  Deep Amethyst is doing it to me, too, not quite as badly, just a color change. 

• Sad 1

Well, after finishing up my two Orion Vikings this morning, I needed to go off and run a war-game involving 650 40mm 18th century figures, and that took a little longer than anticipated.  I'm sure I'll be feeling more motivated in the morning, but, in the meantime, I've got a few basing bits to do.

• Like 4

The count so far:

--10 IMEF Bones troopers:  Completed.

--Two cultists, a liche, and a pillar:  Completed.

--Two Vampire spawn:  Badly completed but I'm not gonna fix them.

--Dead Ezekiel Gray, his deceased daughter Alicia, and their two expired hired hands, cursed to work the old mine down Hoss Waller 'til Kingdom Come:  Completed.

--Emerging Goroloth:  Completed except for the base, which I need plumber's goop to do and that's at home.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Yes, I am close to throwing out Pirate Gold because of that.  It's fine straight out of the bottle but after it's been on the wet palette a while it separates, or something, and any subsequent use dries chalky white.  Deep Amethyst is doing it to me, too, not quite as badly, just a color change. 

Good to know I'm not alone. ::(:

At the end of the (painting) day, my major goal of finishing off my bin o' vermin was met. Rats: done, dire rats: done, beetle swarms: done, bat swarms: done. I also got several scene dressings finished - two candelabras, a treasure horde, and a summoning/cultist stone circle. A dark dwarf jumped onto the table and ended up painted, making the day's total twenty-one.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get through some more from my shelf-of-never-ending-opportunity.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Added a picture of this morning's first little batch of figures.  For bonus points, two of the three are actually figures that I've had since the early 1970s.  There's only a few others here whose Shelf of Shame has such depth... :blink:

Do we get extra points based on figure age? ;)

• Haha 2